PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Rekluse Z-Start (do you like it)

red33quad
06-18-2005, 09:45 PM
I was thinking of getting the Z-Start and was wondering what the ups and downs were with this thing. I only race MX on this yfz. Any info would be great !!

Lokiyfz450
06-19-2005, 11:36 AM
http://files.photojerk.com/Lokiyfz450/IMG_6396edit.jpg

Yeah I have the Rekluse clutch it is really nice. It takes a little getting use to, and dialing it in but once everything is set it is really nice.

Toadz400
06-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Woa, I think you need to downsize your picture a little bit. Nice quad though.

Are you talking about just the Rekluse automatic clutch or is the Z-Start a different clutch??

daddio
06-20-2005, 10:10 AM
we tried the rekluse on my sons yfz and it worked so good, now it's on all our yfz's. it does take a little "tinkering" to get it perfect, and you have to tell yourself to stop using the clutch lever, but it will improve your lap times.
Bad part is that when your quad "ejects" you, and the teather kills the motor, it will roll until it hit's something.

Stock 400 rider
06-20-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by daddio
we tried the rekluse on my sons yfz and it worked so good, now it's on all our yfz's. it does take a little "tinkering" to get it perfect, and you have to tell yourself to stop using the clutch lever, but it will improve your lap times.
Bad part is that when your quad "ejects" you, and the teather kills the motor, it will roll until it hit's something.

Improve your laptimes?
How?

daddio
06-20-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Stock 400 rider
Improve your laptimes?
How?

you can go through the woops as fast or slow as you want, without stalling it, or slipping the clutch, reduced arm pump, because you are not using the clutch, more controlable wheelspin on the starts and comming out of corners. You can drive in much deeper into the corners and "square-off" then nail the throttle and not stall it. and typically, you can ride 1 gear higher than you normally would = more speed, less shifting. and the biggest benefit is............ the higher you rev the motor, the better and more solid the clutch engaugement is, transfering more power to the ground.

red33quad
06-20-2005, 06:40 PM
Thanks, I'm wanting to put it on but i was wanting to here a little feedback on it. Everything has a downfall , i figured this was a good place to find out what it was.

Toadz400
06-21-2005, 06:59 PM
How much is it and where did you get it from? How hard is it to install/set up?

daddio
06-22-2005, 06:59 AM
it's about $450. you can get it from Rekluse http://www.rekluse.com/store/index.cfm?CID=8
tell them Reed #19 quad sent you.
or from rocky mountain atv.
it takes about 2 hours the first time. if you can change a clutch, you can install the Rekluse clutch. Read and follow the directions step by step, and you won't have any problems. If you do, call Rekluse directly, they are very helpful on dialing in their clutch.
Please note that it works great on the stock Yamaha clutch basket, but will tear the stock Honda trx450 clutch basket to shreds, so you will need a wiseco or Hinson.

jlhughes750
06-22-2005, 09:01 AM
I tested one last year over 10 Harescambles on it!!!

Only down falls..........allen bolts break easy and get stripped???

and if u stall and your batterys dead it will not pop start!!!!!

Its awsome other than that........improved lap times...improved finishes......after I started using it last year a few top guys in our local series (Borich and Hertz) wanted to know what I did to get faster????