PDA

View Full Version : International travels

250xridamatt
06-18-2005, 07:25 PM
Well, im leaving for hong kong on monday afternoon. Any tips for traveling over there? Or just int. traveling at all. Anything i should look at buying over there? I dont know what the exchange rate of the hong kong dollar is. Could someone show me where i could find that out? I know its gonna be one new experience for me. Im also going to beijing to check out the great wall.

06-18-2005, 07:51 PM
It currently 7.7735 HKD (Hong Kong Dollars) to 1 USD

http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html

250xridamatt
06-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Thanks

250R-Dee
06-18-2005, 11:35 PM
I went to Beijing last summer. Seeing the sites was cool but Beijing reminds me of a dirty version of Tiajuana:D

Taxi drivers in Beijing are crazy but cheap. I rented a taxi for an entire day for $35. He pic us up at the hotel in the morning and dropped us off at the Great Wall after an hour and 20 minute ride that made me want to kill myself. The shoulder of the road was used an express passing lane and everybody drove on the lines instead of between the lines. Anyway, I paid him half of the money when we got to the wall. He was sipping or a sprite and eating a Mango in the back of the taxi when we came back 3 hours later. From the Great Wall he drove us all the was back to Tinnamen Square. Tinnamen Square and The Forbidden City were really cool because you will be there with a million+ people during the summer months.

Bejing food is notorious for killing stomachs. The food was delicious but 5 straight days of eating spicy, oily food that was sometimes too salty did a serious job on my stomach.

Most places will barter with you so prepare to ARGUE whenever you find something that seems to be expensive for China.

If you are of drinking age you will find lots of cool places near the Ebassy areas called bar road. It will be filled with foreigners, con men and hookers. A chinese female friend almost got into a fight with a hooker because the pushy little woman would not leave me alone... hahahaha. You will also find McDOnalds, KFC, TGI Friday's, Pizza Hut, Hard Rock Cafe and many more western restaurants. Once again, be aware of your surroundings when you are in the Hard Rock cafe. Hookers and con artist will hone in on new faces like a Bee to Honey.

I stayed at the Jianguo Hotel Bejing (http://directrooms-china.com/jianguo-hotel-beijing-354.htm) and it was pretty cool.

bansheeguy77
06-18-2005, 11:41 PM
mmmmmm....asian women are one of the greatest things known to man. dont catch sars, and yeah watch yourself because its completely different than here.

250R-Dee
06-18-2005, 11:44 PM
Just so you'll sex of any kind with a chinese woman who is not your legal wife is ILLEGAL in CHina. This law applies to Chinese men too.

Another hazy shot :(

250R-Dee
06-18-2005, 11:46 PM
last pic - crowded traffic shot taken from my 12th floor room.

Scott-300ex
06-19-2005, 12:54 AM
watch out for tsunami's

WKY400EX
06-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by TRX250RJapan
Just so you'll sex of any kind with a chinese woman who is not your legal wife is ILLEGAL in CHina. This law applies to Chinese men too.( Well that sucks. How often does this law get broken though?:)

250xridamatt
06-19-2005, 11:56 AM
I am staying in the jianguo hotel as well. When i'm in hong kong I am staying in the excelsior, which is supposedly really nice. Thanks for the tips

250R-Dee
06-19-2005, 12:24 PM
I broke that law with my friend's cousin ....:D, but we started dating when I met her here in Japan.

I do believe that law gets broken a lot because I was sandwiched between 2 gorgeous girls and the hookers were still pawing at me as we stumbled back to my hotel from Bar Road. One girl had me by the belt so she wouldn't lose me and the other one hand her hand in my back pocket so she wouldn't lose us.

We started the night at TGI Fridays with surf&turf washed down with many cocktails for the ladies and Funky chicken with coke (Wild Turkey) for me followed by some Stout at an Irish pub which lead to my acting like an *** at a techno club and then a visit to a hip-hop reggae club which finally lead us back to slamming Tequila and Corona's at a bar in front of the Hotel. That was a long hard night and (2) gorgeous 95lb chinese girls almost drank my burly 220lb *** under the table. We are lucky it was a saturday night because both ladies slept until 2pm :D

Tab - $120 for dinner, (3) clubs, 4 or 5 bars and a night cap at the hotel lounge. That was for 3 people. That night would have cost me $400 in Japan since many clubs charge $25~$50 for entry but they offer free house drinks that are watered down.

Back the fornication - The police rarely enforce the no sex unless you are married rule but when they do .... the person(s) who get caught will spend YEARS behind bars. DO not get tricked into visiting a KTV for some "fun". Many foreigners get scammed by the Mafia this way. A girl(s) will invite you to sing some Karaoke and then start messing with your "son". Suddenly a couple guys will burst in a try to rough you up. They will threaten to call the police if you do not pay them $500~$1000USD. Average yearly income in China is less than $400. If you can not produce the money they will demand that you either go back to the hotel and withdraw some or let them swipe your credit card. If you have to go back to the hotel they will hold your passport as ransom. BE CAREFUL!! I didn't encounter this problem because I was always with at least my girl and her co-worker.

Here's a pic of one of the dishes that killed my stomach! Too spicy, too oily and too salty. I couldn't tell while I was eating it because my mouth was fooled:eek: :eek: It's flying fish and it taste like a very lean catfish or Japanese Puffer fish. The vegetables, spring rolls and other stuff was AWESOME.

250xridamatt
06-19-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm only 15, so i shouldnt have problem with the no sex rule, or dealing with the hookers. :eek2:

250R-Dee
06-19-2005, 12:58 PM
hahahahaha...

Good!!:D

Scott-300ex
06-24-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by TRX250RJapan
I broke that law with my friend's cousin ....:D, but we started dating when I met her here in Japan.

I do believe that law gets broken a lot because I was sandwiched between 2 gorgeous girls and the hookers were still pawing at me as we stumbled back to my hotel from Bar Road. One girl had me by the belt so she wouldn't lose me and the other one hand her hand in my back pocket so she wouldn't lose us.

We started the night at TGI Fridays with surf&turf washed down with many cocktails for the ladies and Funky chicken with coke (Wild Turkey) for me followed by some Stout at an Irish pub which lead to my acting like an *** at a techno club and then a visit to a hip-hop reggae club which finally lead us back to slamming Tequila and Corona's at a bar in front of the Hotel. That was a long hard night and (2) gorgeous 95lb chinese girls almost drank my burly 220lb *** under the table. We are lucky it was a saturday night because both ladies slept until 2pm :D

Tab - $120 for dinner, (3) clubs, 4 or 5 bars and a night cap at the hotel lounge. That was for 3 people. That night would have cost me $400 in Japan since many clubs charge $25~$50 for entry but they offer free house drinks that are watered down.

Back the fornication - The police rarely enforce the no sex unless you are married rule but when they do .... the person(s) who get caught will spend YEARS behind bars. DO not get tricked into visiting a KTV for some "fun". Many foreigners get scammed by the Mafia this way. A girl(s) will invite you to sing some Karaoke and then start messing with your "son". Suddenly a couple guys will burst in a try to rough you up. They will threaten to call the police if you do not pay them $500~$1000USD. Average yearly income in China is less than $400. If you can not produce the money they will demand that you either go back to the hotel and withdraw some or let them swipe your credit card. If you have to go back to the hotel they will hold your passport as ransom. BE CAREFUL!! I didn't encounter this problem because I was always with at least my girl and her co-worker.

Here's a pic of one of the dishes that killed my stomach! Too spicy, too oily and too salty. I couldn't tell while I was eating it because my mouth was fooled:eek: :eek: It's flying fish and it taste like a very lean catfish or Japanese Puffer fish. The vegetables, spring rolls and other stuff was AWESOME.

Nice Rack!!!!!!!!

of bread sticks

:devil: .

Scro
06-24-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
Nice Rack!!!!!!!!

of bread sticks

:devil: .

lmao...you mean egg rolls???