PDA

View Full Version : Very Weird noise coming from 426..please help quick!!

FoxRacing81
06-18-2005, 06:28 PM
Okay...just about 5 minutes ago I went to about 3/4 throttle for the first time ever since I got the 426 back. And whenever I did, it made this weird high pitched noise...it got louder once I got up to around 3/4 throttle so I just let off...then I slowed down, pulled the clutch in, and let it out and i heard it a little when I let my clutch out but I kept it at about 1/2 throttle and i didn't hear it. I have no idea what the heck it is and it scared the crap out of me. it got verry loud very quickly....

Please help me here guys.

-Justin

250xridamatt
06-18-2005, 07:11 PM
Do you happen to have an aftermarket cam? My 426 makes a little noise from the cam. I rode a 416 that had a cam in it, and that thing had this really loud winding noise, and it was just the hot cam.

FoxRacing81
06-18-2005, 07:15 PM
I think my headstuds pulled out of the cylinder...I do have an aftermarket cam but this just happened all of a sudden...the cam only ticks...I think my headstuds pulled out cuz I went to try and start it and it sucked air in right where the cylinder and the cylinder head meet.....:(....Figures...another $200 bucks if thats the only thing that went wrong....:(.

underpowered
06-18-2005, 07:49 PM
that is waht my 426 did the first time i blew a headgasket, heavy duty head studs are a must if you have a big bore high comp engine.

FoxRacing81
06-18-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
that is waht my 426 did the first time i blew a headgasket, heavy duty head studs are a must if you have a big bore high comp engine.

Any prices you could give me? What did yours need? I better not need anything besides the kit and some gaskets...

Thanks
-Justin