PDA

View Full Version : Very weird noise coming from 426.

FoxRacing81
06-18-2005, 06:26 PM
Okay...just about 5 minutes ago I went to about 3/4 throttle for the first time ever since I got the 426 back. And whenever I did, it made this weird high pitched noise...it got louder once I got up to around 3/4 throttle so I just let off...then I slowed down, pulled the clutch in, and let it out and i heard it a little when I let my clutch out but I kept it at about 1/2 throttle and i didn't hear it. I have no idea what the heck it is and it scared the crap out of me. it got verry loud very quickly....

Please help me here guys.

-Justin

hondardr4life
06-18-2005, 07:34 PM
Whatever it is, it doesn't sound like its a good thing. Sorry I can't help you out. But I see that your from pittsbugh area. I was wondering if you knew of any good tracks aroudn the area. I live around Butler, and the only tracks I know of are switchback and Iron valley.

FoxRacing81
06-18-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
Whatever it is, it doesn't sound like its a good thing. Sorry I can't help you out. But I see that your from pittsbugh area. I was wondering if you knew of any good tracks aroudn the area. I live around Butler, and the only tracks I know of are switchback and Iron valley.

R&D Raceway is in Bentleyville..they have an MX track and Harescramble track

Pleasure Valley...don't remember exactly where that..just an MX track..John Natalie goes there sometimes I hear

Latrobe Speedyway...its arena cross...

Fox Raceway which is in Marienville

Steel City...MX track in Delmont

Field of Dreams...again I don't remember exactly where its at..

check out D5 AMA ( www.district5ama.org ) for a lot more tracks.

If you wanna talk or something, hit me up on AIM, xxjman68xx

BTW, I think my headstuds pulled outta my cylinder...:( figures..

-Justin

400exredrider
06-18-2005, 08:25 PM
did you use the stock sleeve when boring it to a 426:ermm:

FoxRacing81
06-18-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by 400exredrider
did you use the stock sleeve when boring it to a 426:ermm:

No sir...brand new LA 88mm sleeve.

400exredrider
06-18-2005, 08:42 PM
ok good, most likely you were correct, get some HD studs and some new gaskets, hopefully you wont end up too bad.