PDA

View Full Version : 250EX... Mounting a wheel/tire back up

kick
06-18-2005, 04:01 PM
On the rear axle... Should the valve stems be opposite from each other (to preserve some type of balance) or does it matter?

I just took off my right rear wheel (tire needed to be plugged) and just slapped it on once it was ready. Out of curiosity, I looked at my other new 250EX and the valve stems are exactly opposite from each other on the rear. - That's what made me wonder if there was a reason.

trick250r
06-18-2005, 04:20 PM
it shouldn't hurt anything, i dont see how it would affect anything

Stevie-D
06-18-2005, 05:40 PM
atv tires are so far out of balance to begin with that valve stems won't make the slightest difference.

have you ever slapped an atv wheel/tire on a balancing machine:eek2: it's surprising:D

WOracing
06-18-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Stevie-D
atv tires are so far out of balance to begin with that valve stems won't make the slightest difference.

have you ever slapped an atv wheel/tire on a balancing machine:eek2: it's surprising:D

so... that means even though my quad is aligned and it still pulls with the same air pressure in both rear tires the pulling is because of bad manufacturing?:blah:

kick
06-18-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Stevie-D

I know they are, that's why I got to thinking that maybe they need all the help they can get....

Thanks guys :p