PDA

View Full Version : what should i get 1st

400exrider26
06-18-2005, 02:50 PM
i am not sure what i should buy 1st. i dont have alot of cash right now and i can only buy some of the stuff over time. some of it i want, some of it i need... i am a woods rider and i ride in some pretty rough terrain (rocks and water)

jak1389
06-18-2005, 03:41 PM
i am a woods rider also, and nerfbars were on the top of my list. i dotn regret getting them one bit. they've saved my feet so many times. after that id go with a pipe.

jak1389
06-18-2005, 04:15 PM
i am a woods rider also, and nerfbars were on the top of my list. i dotn regret getting them one bit. they've saved my feet so many times. after that id go with a pipe.

nosliw
06-18-2005, 04:24 PM
i would probably get your protection done first, then deal with suspension. you'd be surprised how faster you can go once you get rid of those stock shocks.

vinson581
06-18-2005, 09:08 PM
ditto that, everyone says +2 arms are too wide for the woods, but i seem to be able to fly through tight trails, i came from ute quads, that were well over 50 inches wide, so navigateing tight areas i guess comes naturally, and the extra width gives for a extra cushy ride, not to mention the shocks just helped a little.....enourmous bit lol....

get skidder first you dont want to damage your motor, then nerfs, saftey issue.... then pipe it, because 2nd gear in the woods sucks, with a pipe HMF is a good one, it will be a useable gear from a stand still, and the motor wont bog!

v581

nosliw
06-18-2005, 09:11 PM
true. i have an hmf and dont use 1st gear even when drag racing. i use it sometimes on steep rocky hillclimbs. great lowrange power with that pipe.

400exrider26
06-19-2005, 07:47 AM
i was planning to het a hmf slip on with a uni filter and rejet it. not sure if i could do it myself yet though... but i recently sprained my ankle because my foot sliped off my peg so i think i am going to get the nerf bars so that doesant happen again. but, not sure which ones to get-the ones that will fit with stock heel guards or the ones with new built in metal ones? i dont really have to much to spend right now so im leaning towards the ones that will work with stock guards... i heard ac nerfs does...?

2001400exrider
06-19-2005, 07:51 AM
yes standard AC nerfs will fit with stock pegs and heelguards...;)