PDA

View Full Version : Not too good at figuring out quads

yellow400ex05
06-18-2005, 01:21 PM
I know i could just ask my big bro this but i'd rather post it. Where is the airbox located on the quad? front or back and what does it look like? Every quad video I see when the quad is under water they are usually doing wheelies.

Dont bash.

YFZ450Ridr
06-18-2005, 01:24 PM
take off your seat.. and you will see a black box with 4 clips on your 250. take off the clips and you will see the inside of your air box and your air filter:eek2:

Mxjunkie
06-18-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Yellow250ex04
I know i could just ask my big bro this but i'd rather post it. Where is the airbox located on the quad? front or back and what does it look like? Every quad video I see when the quad is under water they are usually doing wheelies.

Dont bash.

Under the seat, its got a lid and well its a box..

theTman
06-18-2005, 01:36 PM
you can see where mine is....that black box with the holes in it

One_Bad_400
06-18-2005, 01:36 PM
i do wheelies so i wont get as wet if im going fast... but ya.. its a little black box under your seet with 4 little push off clips... you need to clean your air filter everyonce and a wile...

yellow400ex05
06-18-2005, 01:39 PM
Well let me tell you a sort of scary story/luck. I was stuck in a rut in a tiny rocky hill and i couldn't back out and it rained about 3 inches of water a day earlier and i was next to a bridge where a river was next to the track. There was water on the trail but i didn't know how deep it was so after 5 minutes of trying to get enough guts to go through it i finally did and it turned out the water was over my gastank and i started to feel like I was floating and then I make it out of the water. Then after I went two more feet my quad stalled and I realized how close i was to floating away!

sorry for the sorta off topic long post but I was lucky i hadn't stalled out ealier.

06-18-2005, 02:05 PM
yes even rly heavy utilitys will float its gets kinda sketchy some times. and heres alil FYI on quads and water...if you get watter in your airbox (alot of water) and you quad sucks it in and it gets to your motor water will not compress so it will bend your piston rods and for someone that does it once a week its no beg deal to take apart the motor and replace the piston rods but for an ambie like your self it would be a huge undertaking...the best advise i can tell yuh is seat time the more you ride the more you learn the ropes of atving when i started i didnt know what a forum board wasso i learned from trial and error and asking for forgivness instead of permission..so you have a jump on the game just be carefull and go ride

Punk'd
06-18-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
take off your seat.. and you will see a black box with 4 clips on your 250. take off the clips and you will see the inside of your air box and your air filter:eek2:

Dont make fun of him you have to learn somewere:D

FasstMidnightZ
06-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Dont make fun of him you have to learn somewere:D

hahahah, Randy that is a little different though. That would be like asking where the carb is ....:p

yo tiger, do you have any pics of your 250 ?

WOracing
06-18-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by hondaexrider
hahahah, Randy that is a little different though. That would be like asking where the carb is ....:p

wheres the carb:o :ermm:

jk:blah:

trick450r
06-18-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by WOracing
wheres the carb:o :ermm:

jk:blah:

carb? what the hell is that...oh oh doesn't that have something to do with mounting your front bumper?:D

FasstMidnightZ
06-18-2005, 07:59 PM
no no no no, its a little peace that holds your valve stem together, its a micro processor magnet that keeps your tire inflated. ;)

Punk'd
06-18-2005, 08:29 PM

Gotta learn somewere:macho

I-7
06-18-2005, 08:43 PM
no no no no, its a little peace that holds your valve stem together, its a micro processor magnet that keeps your tire inflated. ;)

I'm bout to get one of those for my truck cuz it doesnt have one on it. Ima call the mechanic monday morning.

bansheeguy77
06-18-2005, 09:58 PM
where might i locate my powerband? i was told if i order a gold one it will add 40 hp, plus 5 with the sticker they include!!! all for tree fidy :scary:

Mxjunkie
06-18-2005, 10:03 PM
my powerband was a little lackluster so i got it refilled, I am still wondering why its on my shock though? :confused:

KWAD GAWD
06-18-2005, 10:14 PM
I swear, they should make you take a written test before letting people buy a quad. If you don't know where the air box is, how can you clean the air filter? Isn't cleaning the air filter #1 on the list of maintenance, besides washing the bike? I knew where the airbox was when I was 8 years old. Maybe another wheelie post too while we're at it!

06-18-2005, 11:06 PM
seriouly can you guys tell my where my plastic is? im a lil slow:p

SGA
06-18-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by KWAD GAWD
I swear, they should make you take a written test before letting people buy a quad. If you don't know where the air box is, how can you clean the air filter?
Hey bub you gotta start somewhere.
I would suggest reading the 250ex owners manual, its chocked full of all of that stuff.

jcv400ex
06-19-2005, 11:12 AM
This is why the Gov is going to get involved with ATV's and who can own one...... Parents buy their kid a quad, kids don't have a clue about them, and end up getting hurt. Parent sues ATV mfg for a tippy fourwheeler........Dateline does a special on "killer ATV's".........

SGA, when is puctuation 101 again?????? A few need a lesson!

brian-250
06-19-2005, 11:18 AM
so can anyone help me on finding my muffler? i need to replace my bearings.:o

jwick07
06-19-2005, 03:52 PM
If he bought it new from a dealer and the dealer knew that it was the kids first quad I blame the dealer. The dealer should have walked the kid through simple things such as air filter cleaning, tire pressures, oil changes, and so on. When I worked part time last summer at a shop the sales person would always send one of us shop guys to talk to first time buyers, parents and kids.

just my two pennies

optikid123
06-19-2005, 08:24 PM
where do you hold on again?

SGA
06-19-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
SGA, when is puctuation 101 again?????? A few need a lesson!
Yeah they do but you cant tell them young'uns nothing. :p