PDA

View Full Version : adjust 300ex shocks???

stocktires
09-16-2001, 06:04 PM
OK, I have a 300ex and the rear shock is at the softest setting it can be! How do I adjust it? do i just turn the springs on the top of the shock or what?

"BLAHH"300!!
09-17-2001, 12:43 AM
i have a yamaha big bear also and
the shocks are tight man- it's like racing a deisel
how can i make the shocks softer on this

09-17-2001, 06:59 PM
they sell a 10 dollar tool is dennis kirk

there a little hole on the bottom on the shock.
u use the tool and turn it and it adj. the setting of the shock

www.denniskirk.com to order a catalog or the part.

hope i helped

zack

"BLAHH"300!!
09-17-2001, 07:06 PM
is this for the 300ex and the big bear

stocktires
09-17-2001, 07:09 PM
is this it? http://www.denniskirk.com/asp/detail.asp?PartNo=28297%20%20%20%20%20%20%20&ProdType=15&SubProdType=braketools&Name=Brake+%26+Suspension+Tools&MultiDim=N

trueblue450
09-20-2001, 08:08 PM
Changing the suspension settings for the ol 300. Ahh they really designed these things for easy changing.. uhh no. With mine, first of all I got it mixed up. I was wonderin why I was bottoming out so I set it to the softest position thinking that would help(position 0). Nah ou want it the stiffest so if you jump and stuff I'd set it to the tightest (position 4). To do this w/o buying a freaking tool kit, just get a good pair of channel locks for the front and grab onto the adjuster at the bottom of the shock and turn. You should have to click it till you get to the top. This requires a little strenght. Now the back shock is about the dumbest thing I have seen. They put the adjuster in a nice little box in the frame where you can barley get a screw driver into. What I did was take the seat off and take the whole air box out. It shows a little of the rear shock. Now get the old channels back out and try to tighten it from the backside. You can barely turn the adjuster to get past the lips so I would do half turns and get the nearest buddy and have him stick a screw driver in the notches to hold it in place while you quickly turn it to the next lip.

There you go.. good luck!

Thats for the 300 EX by the way

"BLAHH"300!!
09-21-2001, 05:18 AM
IS THAT CLOCK WISE
OR
COUNTER CLOCK

WAIT I'M AN IDIOT

TURN TO--LOOKING DOWN- FACING NOSE OF BIKE--TURN TO

GEAR SIDE -----OR--
BRAKE SIDE--

COME ON I KNOW YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN