PDA

View Full Version : pics of my new "R"...I'm just starting.....

woodsZrider
06-18-2005, 07:18 AM
I just got my "R" a few weeks ago and I'm setting it up for XC. I have a set of hipers(with red rings for the rear, and baja rims up front with HD's all the way around) not in the pic. That is my race rims and tires. Me and my friends just got finished riding when i took these pics. Any feed back as to what else i could do would be great. A houser front end and a few other things are in my near future. Thanks J.D.
Here are a few pics..

woodsZrider
06-18-2005, 07:18 AM
another..:D

woodsZrider
06-18-2005, 07:22 AM
:)

woodsZrider
06-18-2005, 07:23 AM
last one.:blah:

kazpr
06-18-2005, 07:27 AM
Looks like you have a great start on that badboy!!

nowukno
06-18-2005, 07:49 AM
I will be getting houser +2 a-arms soon , i am also getting my shocks revalved and resprung by c&d racing. I think it will be a awesome setup.

woodsZrider
06-18-2005, 08:06 AM
I have the shocks revalved by C&D, I got the SSD Elka package.. for all three shocks...
they are great:D
C&D does great work;)

MR.BIG
06-18-2005, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by woodsZrider
I have the shocks revalved by C&D, I got the SSD Elka package.. for all three shocks...
they are great:D
C&D does great work;)

What did it cost to get your shocks revalved if you don't mind me asking? I am interested in getting this done to mine!

woodsZrider
06-18-2005, 08:14 AM
I think it was around 550,,,
not for sure on that though..
just PM colby @ C&D racing and he will give ya a price..;)

nowukno
06-18-2005, 08:19 AM
They convert the front shocks to a triple rate with zero preload and the rear to a dual rate zero preload. The rear shock gets a new valve body that increase the travle by 1''. The shocks are valved and sprung for the riders weight and riding type. This converion works well on the stock arms and swingarm and can also be setup for wider arms and longer swingarm. The bike will sit 2 to 2.5 inchs lower. The cost of the full setup is $615. This is a great inprovement over stock.

Punk'd
06-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Lookin good!

woodsZrider
06-18-2005, 08:10 PM
thanks

T2RACING
06-19-2005, 12:23 PM
hey taht looks just like the bike in my garage??:D

06-19-2005, 04:58 PM
i have some advice for you, i built my quad for XC also

1) get rid of the HD's, after 2 races mine were trashed, holes in the sidewalls, etc, they are good tires, but cant hold up to the demands of XC tire strength

2) look into getting Maxxis Razr2 front and rear tires to use for mud and slop, and look into Maxxis razr tires for the rear to use when its not muddy, run the razr2 fronts at all times

3) get hipers for the front, my aluminum rims were trash after only 3 or 4 races, they just cant take the abuse, i totally smashed my aluminum rim and the tire wouldnt even hold air

4) the houser front end is good, but not neccisary, if you are looking into a front end, get LT if you have the money with elka or axis shocks, your preferance, i prefer elka shocks

5) look into getting a linkage if you do not have 1 as of yet, Herrmann and elka both make nice linkages you can use

6) look into getting the mounts that run from the outside of the handguards to your bar ends to keep the trees out of your bars

7) also get a steering stabilizer, the brand or type is up to you, i prefer the ones that are adjustable and not the stick type, scott, wer, and precision all make good ones

8) look into some really good brake pads, after 4 races my front brakes were gone, i use the EBC pro series MX-4 and i can tell you they are probably the best pads i have ever used

9) a gripper seat cover may be a good thing to have also

10) HAVE FUN :macho

hardkoratvmxr
06-19-2005, 05:22 PM
what he said but you dotn have to get expensive shocks you can just get6 them revalved

400EXracer74
06-19-2005, 07:52 PM
im glad to see that you made your 4 wheeler look really pretty. and added exhaust when the power already outperforms the handling.

06-19-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by 400EXracer74
im glad to see that you made your 4 wheeler look really pretty. and added exhaust when the power already outperforms the handling.

how is mine then :blah:

woodsZrider
06-19-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by 400EXracer74

HEY <<400EXracer74>>

YOU MUST BE TALKING ABOUT C&D's REVALVE JOB. THEIR SSD ELKA PACKAGE HANDLES GREAT!!!!!! ON MY BIKE....
THAT'S FUNNY,:confused: .........I THOUGHT THEY DID GREAT WORK....AT LEAST ON MY SHOCKS THEY DID:blah:
OH...THE STEERING STABILIZER I'M RUNNING IS WORKING GREAT TOO, LAST TIME I CHECKED...;) AND AS FOR THE HOUSER FRONT END I HAVE COMING, IT SHOULD JUST TOP THE CAKE..:)
THEN I WILL PM YOU SOME PICS,,, IT SHOULD BE REALLY PRETTY THEN..:devil:

06-19-2005, 09:11 PM
HEY <<400EXracer74>>

YOU MUST BE TALKING ABOUT C&D's REVALVE JOB. THEIR SSD ELKA PACKAGE HANDLES GREAT!!!!!! ON MY BIKE....
THAT'S FUNNY,:confused: .........I THOUGHT THEY DID GREAT WORK....AT LEAST ON MY BIKE THEY DID:blah:
OH...THE STEERING STABILIZER I'M RUNNING IS WORKING GREAT TOO, LAST TIME I CHECKED...;) AND AS FOR THE HOUSER FRONT END I HAVE COMING, IT SHOULD JUST TOP THE CAKE..:)
THEN I WILL PM YOU SOME PICS,,, IT SHOULD BE REALLY PRETTY THEN..:devil:

sweet, what dampner are u using? did you go to the mountaineer? if so did you see the maxxis truck with hiper there, i came with hiper i was the kid working there :macho

woodsZrider
06-19-2005, 09:12 PM
hey XxHonda_RacerxX

GREAT PIC:D ;)

woodsZrider
06-19-2005, 09:16 PM
i was there.....
i just called hiper to get the new center parts sent to me.. to replace them..
did you get a chance to race??

06-19-2005, 09:17 PM
hey XxHonda_RacerxX

GREAT PIC:D ;)

thanks! here is another cool 1

06-19-2005, 09:18 PM
i was there.....
i just called hiper to get the new center parts sent to me.. to replace them..
did you get a chance to race??

nope, i was helping hiper change out center sections

woodsZrider
06-19-2005, 09:19 PM
those are some great looking pics...
nice bike too;)
i am running a PEP right now, i would like to have a better one.

woodsZrider
06-19-2005, 09:20 PM
so do you work for hiper???
(if so) i bet thats a great job..:D

06-19-2005, 09:23 PM
nice bike too;)

ya i dont like the pep one very much, im running denton right now, looking at a wer, precision, or scotts

nope i dont work for hiper, i wish i did! they are sponsoring me and they are pretty close to me, 30min or less, so i help them out with some stuff if they ask :macho

woodsZrider
06-19-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
ya i dont like the pep one very much, im running denton right now, looking at a wer, precision, or scotts

nope i dont work for hiper, i wish i did! they are sponsoring me and they are pretty close to me, 30min or less, so i help them out with some stuff if they ask :macho

thats awsome... wished i could get sponsors like that.
My wife ( one of my sponsors) don't let me spend much money in the racing department..:(
me and my friend walked right by the maxxis truck, he was looking for some tires.. i bet we walked right by you..

06-19-2005, 09:30 PM
nice bike too;)

here is another of my bike before the race

woodsZrider
06-19-2005, 09:31 PM
VERY NICE..:)

06-19-2005, 09:32 PM
thats awsome... wished i could get sponsors like that.
My wife ( one of my sponsors) don't let me spend much money in the racing department..:(
me and my friend walked right by the maxxis truck, he was looking for some tires.. i bet we walked right by you..

lol prolly so, there were 3 of us there changing out center sections, 2 bad u didnt get it done there, then u wouldnt have had to do it yourself

06-19-2005, 09:34 PM
here is another good 1, shows my front tires hookin up real nice, 2 bad the itp tires didnt last but 3 laps...and were brand new, both had holes by the end of the race, definantly going with maxxis razr2 in the front for next race

woodsZrider
06-19-2005, 09:36 PM
How do you like your elkas???
i would love to have a set, but the whole wife thing kinda comes into play here..:p

06-19-2005, 09:42 PM
How do you like your elkas???
i would love to have a set, but the whole wife thing kinda comes into play here..:p

i love them, wouldnt ever go with nething else, ya she prolly cant justify flinging out that much cash for shocks, but its prolly one of the best mods i have on my bike, the fronts, then the rear with herrmann linkage

i had them on my 400ex also, it really makes a differance, especially the no preload in turns :macho