PDA

View Full Version : 400ex rear brake not working

biggun400
06-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Hey guys! I tried changing the rear brake pads the other day. My caliper wouldn't go in far enough to let me slide the pads back over the rotor so I took the back part of the caliper off, (the part where the emergency brake hooks up). The caliper then slid back out of the way fine. I put everything back together the same way it came apart and tried bleeding the lines. Brake fluid squirted out whenever I hit the pedal, but now the caliper won't respond. I know it's getting fluid to it. Did I mess something up? The only thing I know that I did differently was put DOT3 brake fluid in there instead of DOT 4. Should this cause a problem? Let me know what you think. Thanks

biggun400
06-17-2005, 09:00 PM
Come on guys! Somebody answer me! Please????

biggun400
06-18-2005, 09:20 AM
Do you think that I need to put new o-rings in? don't know if maybe I messed up the old ones. Let me know.

MadMax27
06-18-2005, 09:01 PM
Hmmf. Maybe the caliper piston is siezed? The fluid-Dot3 or Dot4 the Dot4 will hold up better too the heat than 3, its not really a huge step better. Wouldnt hurt to check all o-rings. Your not getting any movement out of your pads? That pressure has to go somewhere or your pedal would feel like a rock.