PDA

View Full Version : slip-ons...

Andrew400ex
05-27-2002, 12:05 PM
this is just a question,so dont take it the wrong way,but why do soo many people by just silencers,or the slip-ons? i mean what i'm told is correct and i can see why,a slip on is just like a noise maker,and u might get mlike 1hp. I thought a larger diameter header(not too large though b/c u still need the right backpressure) is where the power is at and the muffler or the slip on increases the airflow and w/e...well to wrap this up,why does every1 get just slip-ons and not the full system?
thanks,and again im not flaming on any1.

p.s. i also notice that most people have the yoshimura slip-on

canadian400ex
05-27-2002, 03:11 PM
From what I know, they say that the stock head pipes on the 400ex are plenty big enough for the stock engine. An aftermarket headpipe is not needed until engine work is done.(of course it's also not going to hurt anything) Hope this helps a little.

deansfastway
05-27-2002, 03:40 PM
STOCK HEADPIPE is pretty good , you can grind welds near the exh flanges to make it even better. We use it on a lot of our motors with a PROCIRCUIT T-4 (cheap) .

Zero Z400
05-27-2002, 03:45 PM
The stock headpipe is pretty good but if u want more top end get a new headpipe. But for more torque use the stocker.

Later

honda400exrider
05-27-2002, 04:29 PM
i dont agree about that the slip ons are just noise makers. i noticed a power increase with my slip on.

Rastus
05-27-2002, 07:22 PM
The reason is, some quads come stock with adequate headpipes. On a 300EX , it wouldnt be good, b/c the stock header isnt very big.