PDA

View Full Version : whos got tusk clutch kits w/ springs in stock

Juggalo
06-17-2005, 12:07 PM
i need to put a new clutch in my quad ASAP but rocky mountain is out of stock on everything i need so does anybody know who else has em for a good price? C&D maybe?

06-17-2005, 12:10 PM
i heard that if you RIDE your quad that the tusk plates will wear out very,very fast

quadman22
06-17-2005, 12:23 PM
i heared the exact opposite.From everyone i've talked to supposedly they will outlast a few of the high-end clutches. You can't beat it for the price either.

Juggalo
06-17-2005, 01:50 PM
well i dont have the money to go with anything else right now and i need my quad running for a big trip over the 4th of july so tusk it is for me weather it lasts or not. i'll replace it with somethin else later if i have to

06-17-2005, 02:03 PM
i think tusk is a "generic" brand exclusive to rockymountain, not positive though

06-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
i heard that if you RIDE your quad that the tusk plates will wear out very,very fast don't post crap that you "hear" around....I have experience with the TUSK clutch kits and heavy duty springs (EBC springs) and they were awesome and lasted me for a long time and then I sold my 400ex, dont know how long they lasted after that but I know I got twice my moneys worth. Tusk is a good brand

Out_Sider
06-17-2005, 04:25 PM
my tusk clutch w/ HD springs lasted 2 races on my 300ex and then it was toast :(

RiderTRX400ex
06-17-2005, 07:14 PM
had mine over a year, still strong

06-17-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
don't post crap that you "hear" around....I have experience with the TUSK clutch kits and heavy duty springs (EBC springs) and they were awesome and lasted me for a long time and then I sold my 400ex, dont know how long they lasted after that but I know I got twice my moneys worth. Tusk is a good brand i heard it from my next door neighbor whose plates wore out after 3 races

greg_gorrell
06-17-2005, 09:32 PM
yeah tusk, longhorn, primary drive, a.r.c., and torq are all generic brands exclusive to rocky mountain. i had some tusk brake pads and the went quick so i wont buy them again, but i know people that have the clutch plate, one of my friends i ride with all the time and he has had them for almost a year now. he doesnt race or anything but he a big guy i bet hes pushing 250 or more on a 400ex and he beats the hell out of it. so from what i have seen so far they are damn good plates. i also have heard a lot of good things from the g-force axle, which is another generic brand exclusive to rocky mountain. different companies manufacture the different tusk products so some of "their" products arent going to be the same quality as the others

400exrider707
06-18-2005, 04:23 PM
I race mine and ride it hard and my tusk clutch is holding up very well even with second gear starts on 20inch tires and stock gearing. Im surprised it has lasted this long but there is absolutely no sign of slippage. And if ANY clutch wears out in 2 or 3 races, then something aint right with that!

Juggalo
06-18-2005, 07:43 PM
well thanks for the info guys...im gonna call RMATV and see when they will be in stock again cuz i need it before the beginning of july (better cross my fingers lol)

greg_gorrell
06-18-2005, 09:48 PM
i heard someone saying they wont be in stock til the end of june and btw, there is no clutch that will wear out in 3 races. i dont know who you heard that from but its bull****. if they were that bad they would not even be sold.

Cody_300ex
06-19-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by greg_gorrell
i heard someone saying they wont be in stock til the end of june and btw, there is no clutch that will wear out in 3 races. i dont know who you heard that from but its bull****. if they were that bad they would not even be sold.

yes there is, if you race hard enough (IE, Pros, Pro ams.) You can wear out a clutch in a single race.

Juggalo
06-19-2005, 01:14 PM
this sucks...if they are going to be out of stock until june (i'll find out for sure tommarow) then my only other choice from them is EBC and that kit is 90 dollars as opposed to 40 for the tusk...thats gonna suck spending all that extra money. maybe i'll just buy from C&D but they won't message me back and tell me what they have for what price yet so i might just have to go RMATV.

DEAL
06-19-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
don't post crap that you "hear" around....I have experience with the TUSK clutch kits and heavy duty springs (EBC springs) and they were awesome and lasted me for a long time and then I sold my 400ex, dont know how long they lasted after that but I know I got twice my moneys worth. Tusk is a good brand

Yeah but you don't ride hard enough to do any damage.

enduro400rider
06-19-2005, 08:34 PM
i put one in my 400 about 3 months ago and never had any probs with it, i ride pretty hard too and it still works great id say for the money its great even if it doesnt last as long as a $120 clutch but mine has lasted me 3 months and is still great so it may out last my old EBC