PDA

View Full Version : I wish I had a kick start - electrical problem

hondardr4life
06-16-2005, 09:20 PM
Ok, so today I went out to the garage and I turned the quad on and hit the starter button and the starter began to rotate a little bit, but then it died, and the neutral light died. So I hooked th echarger up to my battery, but it said that it was already at full charge. Then I checked my fuse's and they were fine. I checked all my connections and they were fine too. So I hooked it up to my arctic cat and had my friend pull me down the road and i popped the clutch and it started and ran great. After a while of riding the neutral light started to come back on when I put it in neutral, but when I shut it off and hit the button to start it, the started sounded liek it was going to turn for about a fraction of a second then the light died again. I am an electrical moron and I have no clue what could be wrong. So I need some help because I don't know the slightest thing about electrical.

Robin Hood
06-16-2005, 10:05 PM
Do you have a starter relay on your bike? If you do I would check that. Ive had my relay go bad in my rappy and it would have the same symptoms. GL getting it fixed.

prepracing
06-17-2005, 12:54 AM
bad ground/ground wire can cause that problem