PDA

View Full Version : tusk brake pads

watts16
06-16-2005, 08:06 PM
Are the tusk brake pads good???

thanks

should i get carbon or metal brake pads???

bigbadbrad
06-16-2005, 09:25 PM
unless they are sinerated i probally would not get them because the organic ones wear down way to fast if you ask me. ebc sv pads are pretty good and the are not that much more expensive from rocky mountain then the tusk's, and considering that they will probally out live a couple of sets of tusks i would go with the ebc sv

Bigg Pimpin
06-16-2005, 11:28 PM
I've been running the Tusk sintered metal pads and have had good luck with them. They lasted much longer than the EBC carbon pads.

wheeliemaster
06-16-2005, 11:43 PM
i have been running the tusk regular break pads on my yfz due to the cheap price and they usualy last about 1 race and then they are worn all the way to the metal.i am running the ebc and they havent even started to show wearing and i have raced 2 races and 2 practices on them!! i am running the carbon tusk brake pads and they are holding up better bc i have 2 practices on them and they are still are in really good shape.

mike # 5

Lethalhonda2
06-20-2005, 08:27 PM
I only have 2 races on mine and they are worn out! I wont get those again....:mad:

Kev
06-20-2005, 08:58 PM
I've used the the tusk metal ones. They are ok.
One thing I have found out with front brake pads. If you run mud and water, don't get carbon, they won't last. The metal ones will last longer, only if you keep the caliper area cleaned out. Mud, rocks, sand and water will tear the hell out of your brake pads no matter who makes them.

Also, if you bend a rotor, the pads will pretty much be toast after one race....

This if just my opinion, so use what works best for you...

Kev

speedfreaksguy
06-21-2005, 08:46 AM
I have tried them all and the best are either DP or Moose(made by DP). Its worth spending a couple more bucks to get a good sintered pad.

duke416ex
06-21-2005, 11:36 AM
I had Tusk all around. The rear wore out in no time, and the front are still there, but won't lift the backend up with me standing on the bumper. They would be ok for trails, as long as you don't stay in the mud, but other brakes will more than likely stop better.

06-22-2005, 10:34 PM
DP are what all the pr mxers use

QuadRacer33
06-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Yeah make sure your Rotor isn't warped like mine was, On my Z I went through the Stock Rotor so I went with TITAX rotor and Tusk Metal Brake pads, and the only reason the left side was so worn was because the new rotor bent. I later found out my rotor hub was bent to, just replaced the Whole Axle with a G force Axle. On the Z it came with the rotor hub so I got lucky! waiting on new Tusk Metal brake pads now.