PDA

View Full Version : wheelies on a z400

wtz400
06-16-2005, 06:36 PM
i cant seem to get my z400 to find the balance point...so its either small wheelie...rev it out...or put it on the grab bar(bent it doing that). i even tryed shifting but once it gets to third it starts coming back down and i dont have enough torque to get the front wheels back on the ground...any suggestions:)

416HiRoller
06-16-2005, 06:59 PM
You suck at riding.....

Naw man my friend wheelies on his all the time. I'm not good at wheelies but I know you can get a z to balance out. I'm sure someone will help you out.

AlbaKFX
06-16-2005, 07:11 PM
Balance point on the Z400 is about 8-10 inches from touching the grab bar i'd say. It was pretty hard to get there sitting down for me. Putting one leg on the grab bar and one on the brake helped me alot and now I can do them sitting down with ease.

Robin Hood
06-16-2005, 07:24 PM
I'd say it varies with speed, and other factors. I've ridden on back on my friends Z, and we found the balance point in 2nd and went for quite a long distance down his road before we put the front down. Just keep practicing.

JLanphear
06-16-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
I'd say it varies with speed, and other factors. I've ridden on back on my friends Z, and we found the balance point in 2nd and went for quite a long distance down his road before we put the front down. Just keep practicing.

Yes, definitely varies with speed. Faster you go the lower the balance point is...the slower you go the higher it is.

Keep an eye on the site here because there should be a very in-depth "How To" on this subject very soon. ;)

Robin Hood
06-16-2005, 10:08 PM
Also, I dont know if you want to try this or not, but for me and my friends, when we get someone on back we can usually find the balance point much easier and ride wheelies 10x further. Not to be unsafe, but maybe grab a buddy if hes not to scared and try it out. We have tons of fun seeing who can do the dumbest thing on back while wheelie-ing.:devil:

jak1389
06-18-2005, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
Also, I dont know if you want to try this or not, but for me and my friends, when we get someone on back we can usually find the balance point much easier and ride wheelies 10x further. Not to be unsafe, but maybe grab a buddy if hes not to scared and try it out. We have tons of fun seeing who can do the dumbest thing on back while wheelie-ing.:devil:

yea steve like those those double no-footers, and atempted can cans. lol. well when i had my z, i just stood up and leand back until i felt it was at the balance point. once you hit it you can feel your there. just go outside and mess with it. adn use your body weight to your advantage. dont be like a board. move around. you can also use the clutch and rear brake to help you out. hope this helps.