PDA

View Full Version : Washington Poker Runs

Woodsrider
05-27-2002, 09:49 AM
Hey you guys I need your help. We need more quads on the poker runs out here. I went on a run yesterday, in Shelton, and there wern't more than 20 quads tops out there. It was put on by the puget sound enduro riders assc. The atv course was 25 miles. Hills, tight trails, roots, and very technical. It was on private timber propery, and the staging area was the mason county fairgrounds. We need to make a stonger showing at the AMA sanctioned events. It helps them raise money to save riding areas for everyone. Not just bikes. And besides the WATVA doesnt seem to want to do but one or two events a year, so ya gotta ride when ever you can. I had a blast, I wish the trails in there were open all the time, but I guess Simpson only opens it for events. The woops were insane, and some sections of the trails were tight, so tight in fact I got wedged between two trees! And alot of open service roads too.
This was the third poker run for me this year, and all but one was put on by the AMA/NWMA. I drew a bad hand this time, no trophie:( I did get a free pair of scott grips though.
Get out there and ride!

kid300ex
05-27-2002, 04:45 PM
me and my buddie stoped by there because we didnt know about it. I would have went if I knew about it sooner. I have a cabin near there on a lake... so I got it made! go wakeboarding in the morning, riding in the afternoon. let me know the next poker and ill be there!

Woodsrider
05-27-2002, 09:19 PM
There is always one there on memorial weekend, Sat. and Sun. both.
If you want I will post the dates of the next poker run coming up.