PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know this person

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
06-16-2005, 03:07 PM
Check this auction out.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4556723947&category=6724
Is this person a user on this website, if so will you please get back to me. I want to talk to you or if anyone knows his e-mail let me know.

06-16-2005, 09:35 PM
this is a total scam. this quad was for sale by a friend of a member on this site. but it was also for sale on ebay like 2 weeks ago, i know i talked to the guy. he was in illinois. i lost interest, and then i noticed that someone had hit "buy it now" so just figured it was gone. so when i saw the add on ebay, i thought wow he's really desperate to get rid of it, cool. so i emailed him again thru ebay. this time i got a response from some guy in sweden or something giving me some bull***** story about how he's in the military or something. so i knew it was a scam and told the guy to f*ck off. see what these guys in europe or some other country do is some how scan the original ad and re-run it on ebay for a cheap price. they got some good stories too...they get people to wire money or something then thats the last you here from them. thats why i only ever pay thru paypal with a credit card. because you can cancel it. if not thru paypal then thru your credit card company. and what are you gonna do? call the cops in germany to get your money back? ya right:D i've come realize in life if it looks to good to be true, it is. hope this helps.....

Jarrett20
06-16-2005, 09:40 PM
Do you know the members name on this site that was friends with the origninal seller?

quadridermx
06-16-2005, 09:51 PM
LOL, I was the original owner that brought it to this site to sell... http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=119740

I sold it to 'panteramatt' here on the site. I think he swapped out a few parts and ended up putting it back up for sale. I'd say it might have been legit, but if whoever's selling brought the whole foreign money transfer to the table, I'd say it's definitely a scam.

Never thought any quad I sold would become a scan... That was a nice quad though. Haha, I even still have the original X-33 axle box with the warranty paper that I forgot to give to the guy I sold it to.

quad9
06-18-2005, 05:56 AM
i sent thid guy a e-mail asking for his address. told him i would drive there and give him the 2g in cash. he is in europe, and said he will ship it to me for free, what a deal, all i do is send the $$ to him and a get the bike shippped to my door. i sent him a reply asking how long he has had this bike, and that it was sold in the states just a short while ago. never got another reply.

BUSTED!!HAHAHAHAHA

RidetheRed
06-18-2005, 01:25 PM
If its forsale now how much does he want for it. We wanted to buy it off ebay until we got some crap about sending money to sweden. We really wanted that bike:ermm:

yamahonda
06-18-2005, 11:33 PM
if you believe that you can buy a quad like this for 2000 bucks and then get it shipped from over seas send your money cus anybody can look at this and know its a scam... come on shipping is free coming from uk and you only pay 2000... just another example if its to good to be true it prolly is....

RidetheRed
06-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Blinded by the light

ChewyR
06-20-2005, 02:28 PM
I didn't believe it either, but I had to email him to see if I could get pre-approved, got the email and crap about sweden.

Now I also saw a 600 grizly on ebay, said email for pre-approval, guess what. I got the exact same swedish bull reply back from a different address. So I forwareded the reply from the Yz/TRX address to the 600 Grizly address and told them to get f*****.:rolleyes:

I wish there was an easy way to fraudulant auctions on ebay.