PDA

View Full Version : Sponsors for 2006

DaveEX7
06-16-2005, 11:05 AM
I'm looking to get some of the bigger companies to sponsor me next year. How would I go about doing this.

400grl
06-16-2005, 11:59 AM
RACE RESULTS AND A GOOD RESUME! :)

DaveEX7
06-17-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
RACE RESULTS AND A GOOD RESUME! :)

Hey, congrats on being a newlywed!

What should go in my resume? Like tell them about myself and about their products that I use?

Cdaleracer
06-17-2005, 01:03 PM
join sponsorhouse.com, you just fill in the blanks on their online resume

it's worth it, atleast I think so

400grl
06-17-2005, 03:23 PM
Hey thanks!!

I try to keep my resume to one page of print and one page of pics.....no one likes to sort through a novel to get to the good info! I don't think you have to go to Sponsorhouse just to get a good resume going, but if you plan on using them to find sponsors anyway, it's a great idea.....they have a template where you just plug in your info and it sorts it all out for you. They look nice!

I don't use Sponsorhouse, so I just do my own. Just remember to put in the facts like Name, Age, Years racing, class, machine, what gets you to the track, where you are from, current sponsors, race results, goals for yourself for the coming year, races/series you plan on racing in 2006, WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR A SPONSORING COMPANY (that is important!) - things like that. Imagine if you were a company reading a resume - what kinds of things would you need to know about a rider to decide if you want to pick them up the next year? Be sincere, honest and to the point.......

Good luck!!! ;)

DaveEX7
06-17-2005, 06:27 PM
Thanks guys!

Shawn H
06-18-2005, 06:28 PM
Dont get overly cocky like

YEA IM FAST!
LMAO:p

I suggest joining Sponsorhouse for a year and then branch away and do it on your own.There is a lot of info there for you to learn from. Some companies will only sponsor thru Sponsorhouse.

400GRL Mentions all the good stuff for you to base your resume on I would like to add make sure your appearance is Professional and your spelling is all good. (Unlike mine)

Good luck

03400EX_Nacs
06-21-2005, 06:30 PM
just so i dont have to start a new thread i will go a ahead and ask it in here. I am 15 currently out of racing do to injury. i wont be able to start racing for a couple more months, but i was wondering if i would be able to still get a sponsor being 15 and out of racing. i also wonder what i can do about the race results you mentioned? do i need an official result? because at the tracks i am racing out i dont think they have anything like that. my dad supports my riding but he also has to support 2 other riders and its pretty difficult any help?