PDA

View Full Version : Durablue rear lowering link

Sleeper
06-16-2005, 10:54 AM
I have a '04 400ex that I mainly trail ride with. Being in Oregon alot of the trails are wet and get rutted badly. I am wanting to go to 22's in the rear and then install a rear linkage lowering strut (like the durablue). Of course I would re-gear as well.

has anyone run this setup? Do you think I really need to lower the swing arm an inch to make up for the tires? and if so is durablue the way to go or is there a better kit out there?

I just want one more inch at the rear skid and it to perform as well as it does now.

Thanks

Sleeper

06-16-2005, 05:42 PM
i think the front and rear lowering kits are only for TT/FT

Sleeper
06-16-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
i think the front and rear lowering kits are only for TT/FT

No, I wouldn't touch the front ones. Just the rear to drop it to make up for the tires. I would think the rear link would be plenty strong for jumping. Maybe I'm wrong.

Sleeper

06-16-2005, 06:13 PM
# Lowers the center of gravity without diminishing the ride quality or the suspension travel. Lowers the ATV 1 1/2" to 2".
# Improves cornering.
# Ideal for flat-track or ice racing.
# The lowering kits are not recommended for jumping or motocross.

06-16-2005, 06:13 PM
thats what it says in the catalouge, hope that helps a little

Sleeper
06-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
thats what it says in the catalouge, hope that helps a little

Ya I see that, but the "lowering kits" are stamped steel shock mount relocaters. I am only looking at the strut type for the rear linkage. It does not mess with the rear shock mounts.

I wouldn't jump with the hoaky kit on a bet. But I'm thinking the strut style would be fine. Guess I should just call durablue. On that.

Has anyone put the 22's on the rear? Did it mess with your handling much? If not I'll skip the strut. I would think it would goof with it some though.

Sleeper

K_Fulk
06-16-2005, 10:35 PM
This is the setup you want. Whether Gt thunder can make it work for 22 inch tires i dont know.

The strut type linkages throw your whole rear suspension out of whack. The gtthunder link with the bearings and shock revalve is pretty reasonable price wise.

Sleeper
06-17-2005, 05:31 AM
thanks K_Fulk, I'll check them out.

sleeper