PDA

View Full Version : 450r powerband???

my400exrules
06-16-2005, 08:04 AM
i have rode 450r's b4 and i am getting one but i have heard they have a powerband but its not much but they still have one...is this true??
please just yes or no answers no b.s.

MR.BIG
06-16-2005, 08:12 AM
Not really! Not like a two stroke anyway. When you put a cam and pipe on them they have a really hard hit from midrange up so some people might call it that. It's mostly torque!

mstrav1
06-16-2005, 01:04 PM
yeh they have a "power band". it's control by the thumb actuater on the right side of the directional controls!!!!!

just kiding: power band like you are thinking is on a 2-stroke engine.

banshee
blaster
250r
yz125

these type that "mix" fuel. a"4" stroke has a more gradual power band that will allow you to lug in gears and not stall the motor

oldsandman
06-16-2005, 01:50 PM
Power Band: subjectively defined rpm range where your engine produces a substantial portion of its peak power. The power band usually extends from slightly below the point of peak torque to slightly above its peak. The motors (internal combustion reciprocating) we are dealing with here all have a “power band”. Four stroke motors generally have a broader power band or torque curve than two stroke motors.

CdaleXtreme
06-16-2005, 02:49 PM
I believe He is one of those who thinks a power "Band" is a physical part inside your engine. :D

06-16-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by my400exrules
i have rode 450r's b4 and i am getting one but i have heard they have a powerband but its not much but they still have one...is this true??
please just yes or no answers no b.s.

ya they use the Gold powerband, the highest performance one, yamaha is using the Red one, which is the same 1 as the 2 strokes use :macho

:huh :devil:

06-16-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by oldsandman
Power Band: subjectively defined rpm range where your engine produces a substantial portion of its peak power. The power band usually extends from slightly below the point of peak torque to slightly above its peak. The motors (internal combustion reciprocating) we are dealing with here all have a “power band”. Four stroke motors generally have a broader power band or torque curve than two stroke motors.

very good definition :macho

Out_Sider
06-16-2005, 11:49 PM
my 450r hits like a freakin freight train once i get the rpms up high :devil:

370kingR
06-17-2005, 05:21 AM
Is it kind of like a power band saw i have in my shop? That thing rips, literally. It can take your hand off in .5 seconds :D