PDA

View Full Version : need info fast!!! Please

rides_red25
06-15-2005, 09:41 PM
I just bought a new 450R, and I am going to pick it up Saturday (06/18/05). I know this has been asked a million times, but it the HRC kit worth putting in the bike.

I like to hill climb and we ride a lot of trails that requires a lot of low end torque. Could somebody tell me what exactly it does and if the extra money is worth it.

My buddy has a YFZ450 and I want to be able to kick his butt in a drag race. He has the fastest YFZ around, and all he has done is a slip on FMF, jets, and a rev box. So all the info would be appreciated.

desratt
06-15-2005, 09:53 PM
right now a lot of people will disagree with me but .
I say no hrc kit.
do the same as your friend
but if you want to go a little wiser go with a full exhaust I prefer the fmf factory 4 system which comes with a dyna jet kit.

trost66
06-15-2005, 10:11 PM
Hrc and the state 2 hotcam are more of a mid to top cam. If you want more bottom go with the sparks or crf cam

rides_red25
06-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the info.

Punk'd
06-15-2005, 10:16 PM
Hrc..pipe..filter and rejet will make it seem like a totally diffrent bike:macho

mikes450r
06-15-2005, 10:53 PM
well the stock cam has got to go...you will never get over 40 hp with the stock cam in...If you got the cash i would buy the hrc cam seperate and the stage 2 cam.. and then pick you up a full exhaust and maybe a 13 tooth front sproket...that will get you right around your buddy..

mike

MR.BIG
06-16-2005, 12:46 PM
I like the hrc kit. You will get more mid to topend power with the cam though so you may lose a little lowend but you can always correct that with a 13t front sprocket. I changed my tires to 18" and that fixed my stock gearing. Even a pipe on the 450r makes a big difference!

mstrav1
06-16-2005, 01:11 PM
you don't need them to put it in before you buy it. all you want is the cam ($135) , neeedle ($25), main ($5) not the whole kit. the other parts are free mods. I ran (3) tanks of fuel to break in the engine before I swaped in the cam.

***********DO NOT IMPULSE BUY A PIPE AND THE HRC KIT LIKE THE DEALER WANTS YOU TOO. THEY TYPICALLY STOCK CRAPPY PIPES THAT ARE SLIP-ONS WHICH ARE A WASTE OF MONEY. YOU CAN BRING THEM THE CAM LATER ONCE YOU INSTALL THE REST OF THE PARTS LATER.!!!!!

DaveEX7
06-17-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by mstrav1
DO NOT IMPULSE BUY A PIPE AND THE HRC KIT LIKE THE DEALER WANTS YOU TOO. THEY TYPICALLY STOCK CRAPPY PIPES THAT ARE SLIP-ONS WHICH ARE A WASTE OF MONEY. YOU CAN BRING THEM THE CAM LATER ONCE YOU INSTALL THE REST OF THE PARTS LATER.!!!!!

^^^^^