PDA

View Full Version : Weight Help

APK400exRacer
06-15-2005, 09:17 PM
Alright well its summer now and i wanna lose some weight. Im 5'10 probably 160? But i got a gut persay hahaha! I wanna lose it but also gain some muscle. Now im deff not scronny when it comes to muscle either, but i wanna build more and lose some weight. Get real fit. What are some suggestions? Im cutting out all sweets and sodas and all that. And d**nit i gotta cut out Little Debby. LOL Give me some tips on losing weight please. Dont really have access to a weight room or weight set. Im also 14 goin on 15.

TRX_450
06-15-2005, 09:28 PM
does ur skool have a weight room...cuz all summer for football the whole team has to lift 3 days a week from 630 to 8

Doober
06-15-2005, 09:58 PM
if you can i would swim it works a lot of muscles

MichaelS693
06-15-2005, 10:24 PM
start running a mile a day at least then go up from there.. diet the right way.. and not drink carbonated drinks and if u do drink diet drinks:)

DH400EX
06-15-2005, 10:35 PM
i drink nothin but diet drinks now. i lost a lil weight and can still eat whatever i want. you jus cant be a lazy ***, shoot basketball or something do pushups.

gratzracing24
06-15-2005, 10:40 PM
crunches and push ups...football we lift and run 2 hrs for 3 days a week...drink alot of water or gatorade...something like that...cut out the mcdonalds...run some too like MichaelS693 said even if its not a mile maybe like 20 mins a day or something nothing really hard

trueblue450
06-15-2005, 11:03 PM
straight up.. the best thing you can do is get a membership to a gym. Im payin 35 a month for a membership which is worth everypenny.. I go 3 times a week. they will get a personal trainer on your *** and dont be shy. its alright if you dont know what your doing. but wieght training helps with calorie burning. a stronger built muscle burns more calories when you do cardio. So with the lifting you need to atleast get 20 mins of cardio 3X a week, whether running or biking or even riding. Anyways if you do that, and eat healthy, just cut out the overeating is all i do. try to eat more frequently with less portions. bout 5-6 times a day. never skip breakfast, thats what jump starts your metabolism.

do all that and youll be a beefcake.

just so you know if you just do crunches you wont loose your gut, it builds muscle but you need to burn the fat(calories) before you start to loose it!

good luck.

nowukno
06-16-2005, 12:08 AM
I just jog/run 2 miles every monday , wednesday and friday , i also do some push ups , curls , sit ups those same days , it only takes about 1 hour out of each day and its well worth it , and i only drink juices or water , or just anything besides soda!! That stuff will give you a gut.

hondardr4life
06-16-2005, 07:48 AM
I'm 5'8" 165lbs, but I'm don't have that much fat on me. Its all about how much muscle you have.

APK400exRacer
06-16-2005, 10:11 AM
what are some suggestions as to what to eat?

bansheeguy77
06-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by APK400exRacer
what are some suggestions as to what to eat?

beefcake...beefcake....BEEFCAKE!!!!

you brought up the one topic that im not the greatest with. i know what works for me, but what works for you could be something completely different. basically, sodas are definately out. take a good multi-vitamin a day. breakfast should consist of a good full meal...eggs, toast, fruit and milk. something along those lines. around 10 a.m (before lunch after breakfast) snack on some peanuts. lunch, have a salad and some chicken breast. along with fruit. after lunch, have some tuna. then for dinner this is where i would usually cheat...i would eat what was made just in moderation and with NO carbs or sweet stuff. like just 2 hamburger patties or something. just as long as its semi healthy haha. ya supposed to get 5-6 good smaller meals a day in. drink atleast a gallon of water a day.

tomorrow im starting my hardcore workout program again. so i just had mt dew and mcdonalds today :blah: i was up benching over 300 lbs, abs ya kno the whole 9 yards. i started slacking, got back into it lost my gut, well now im slacking again and the gut is back. so if you would like i can definately help you out more just ask and i will do my best for you.

as for a workout, what you could do that i guarantee would put you in shape, and lose the gut is the navy SEALS program. http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/brent2.htm go there and you dont need a weight st or anything like that. of course a gym membership/weights would definately make you bigger but they are not required to get in shape. along with the programs proper suppliments are essential to muscle building.

APK400exRacer
06-16-2005, 12:05 PM
thanks bansheeguy, would you say do that or try to get a gym membership? Or maybe do both? I mean im not out of shape or anything, but i wanna bulk up some and lose the guy. Im in baseball and play atleast 8 games a week.

quadmaster88
06-16-2005, 12:40 PM
Remember muscle weighs more than fat so if you wanna lose weight and gain muscle your defeating the purpose... the easiest way to gain muscle is to turn fat into muscle... lots of vitamins, protien, and excercise properly should do the trick... if you wanna lose the gut just try some ab work outs and running...swimming would be the best...rest is the most important thing to gaining muscle because when you lift you tear muscle so the important thing is the rebuilding process...

bansheeguy77
06-16-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by APK400exRacer
thanks bansheeguy, would you say do that or try to get a gym membership? Or maybe do both? I mean im not out of shape or anything, but i wanna bulk up some and lose the guy. Im in baseball and play atleast 8 games a week.

thats your decision. me personally i would do both, but i enjoy beating myself to within an inch of death on my workouts. that seals program will kick your ***. but if visibly huge results are what you are after thats not going to make you no hulk hogan. get a gym membership, do everything right along with creatine, protein and a multi vitamin you could easily pack 5-10 lbs of muscle on by end of summer if not more. just requires dedication and hard work.

quadmaster, a lot of ab workouts wont lose the gut for him (believe me im trying, lol) it will strengthen your abs, but you have to lose that layer of fat covering the abs before the results are visible.

Hondadudeehhhh
06-16-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by TRX_450
does ur skool have a weight room...cuz all summer for football the whole team has to lift 3 days a week from 630 to 8

yup same thing we have here. During the school year i work out 5 days a week though because we have a class. 9 weeks of being in the weight room for 45 minutes a day 5 days a week i have seen rediculous results. At the begining of the year i was a pretty scrawny football player and i only benched 115 but now i bench 185 and i get a lot of compliments about how big im getting. I dont want to brag or anything but i really like the complitments i get because ive worked pretty hard to get the way i am now. Just lift and run man thats what it is

250-R-250
06-16-2005, 03:26 PM
IDK if I were you I would stay away from constant running...You will have joint problems....Aerobics is what you want to loose weight...Swimming!!!!!!But dont stress your joints

wheelinforlife
06-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Well said trueblue450!!!

raptor35086
06-16-2005, 08:02 PM
join the football team...our high school football team...works out 3 times a week...6:30 to 9...best work out u can ever have...and build muscle...thats also why we are one of the top teams in the state :D ...haha

Nausty
06-18-2005, 12:23 AM
yup,

lift
run
eat clean
get enough sleep
lots of small healthy meals
just exerise, anything, swimming, riding bikes w/e

Nausty
06-18-2005, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by raptor35086
join the football team...our high school football team...works out 3 times a week...6:30 to 9...best work out u can ever have...and build muscle...thats also why we are one of the top teams in the state :D ...haha

top teams in the state... sure!!!!

:P

haha he does have a point tho, join football I waited way to late to do that ****. Go do it! its a friggen blast!:D Dont' miss out!