PDA

View Full Version : 250r leakin

whoamack22
06-15-2005, 08:59 PM
im not sure if its oil or what, doesnt feel like oil but cant really tell, i just got this r 2 days ago and when you get done riding it it will have a wet spot directly uder where the pipe is at, not sure if it coolant or oil or what.

HiperEX
06-15-2005, 09:51 PM
could and prolly is a bad O ring seal ,leakin exhaust

whoamack22
06-15-2005, 10:15 PM
its not just a couple drips, where can i get new o rings at ?/

baker250r
06-16-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by whoamack22
its not just a couple drips, where can i get new o rings at ?/

Really?? mine does this too, but right near the exhaust flange, lol. so the front of my motor is always black. hahahaha. i put in new o rings, and they always melt on me.... so i gave up. time for a aftermarket one.

but as for the oil spot goes... check ur case half, and clutch cover gaskets. somewhere they could be leaking. I had this problem. and come to find out when i pulled the motor the swingarm had wore the case half thin, and it cracked. hopefully it is a bad exhaust seal for u tho.

88350R
06-16-2005, 11:27 PM
i went to a tractor/equipment supply store any got mine..took my ole ones in and matched them up. they havent melted yet and they have been in there for about a month. they were 9 bucks a piece though..id hope they wouldnt melt, they are black too, instead of orange high temp silicone.so you might find a tractor/equipment store. my local oreilly's didnt have any the correct size..