PDA

View Full Version : 400ex top end help

trx416m
06-15-2005, 04:23 PM
im taking the top end apart on my quad and i dont have a manual for a 400ex :( . I already took the top cover off so im at the cam and stuff. but i need to know how to take the next part off. i see only two nuts and idk if i need to take those off next to get under or do i need to take the cam and chain and stuff out. Help is much appreciated
thanx

wilkin250r
06-15-2005, 05:00 PM
What in blue blazes are you doing taking apart your engine without a manual? I've already been into my engine, and I STILL wouldn't take it apart without my manual.

trx416m
06-15-2005, 05:09 PM
I will get a manual but i just dont have time this week bc i only have my permit and my mom doesnt have time to take me and my dad is on a business trip. Im trying to hurry bc i have a race this weekend.

Robin Hood
06-15-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by trx416m
I will get a manual but i just dont have time this week bc i only have my permit and my mom doesnt have time to take me and my dad is on a business trip. Im trying to hurry bc i have a race this weekend.

Wow that sucks.:(

Doesn't Ebay have like 1$ manuals for bikes and stuff? I found raptor manuals for comps on there..

Hope ya get it fixed in time, and make sure your working space is as clean and organized as a surgeons table... Don't want dirt in that motor...

greg_gorrell
06-16-2005, 08:15 AM
hey man, you have aim or something i have a manual in .pdf format ill send you. add me- greggorrell

just say something about it and ill send it to you

trx416m
06-16-2005, 08:28 AM
hey thanx for the help man but i got it all figured out bc i have a 300ex manual from my old quad and they are similar enough to figure it out. but ill prolly end up buying a manual anyways
thanx again

greg_gorrell
06-16-2005, 08:34 AM
yeah man np, well if you need any help just ask on here...someone will know whats going on.