PDA

View Full Version : clutch help!!!!

Knarf0486
06-15-2005, 02:23 PM
i am replacing the clutch on my 02 400 ex and i am having some problems. i replaced everything the way it came out. put the friction disk in first, alternated them between the disks and plates and the outside disk is in the shallow tab like it supposed to. but when i tighten the springs down and replace the crankcase cover the clutch wont disengage the gears.

i will put it in gear and pull the clutch in and the will not move, it catches the gear as though i wasnt pulling in the clutch at all. ive tryed adjsuting the cable at the perch but still doesnt roll. if i push it enough it will eventually move.

am i not supposed to tighten the springs down all the way or is there a certain way that the pressure plate is supposed to go one. if anyone has any ideas shoot them my way. i wanna get this done for the weekend. thanks

Knarf0486
06-15-2005, 04:50 PM
as i play with it a lil more it is getting easier to roll. i still havent added the oil to the motor becuase if it isnt in right i dont wanna have to drain it and do this all over again. on the package it says to slip clutch several times prior to riding how do i do this.

FoxMxRiders
06-15-2005, 05:44 PM
do you put the disk in the good direction??because they have a sharp edge that don't help to engage/disengage the clutch,the sharp edge is suppose to be in the direction that the clutch engage (when you release the clutch lever)

Knarf0486
06-15-2005, 07:13 PM
ok so as i played with it a little more i decided that the only thing left to do was fill it with oil and adjust it. when i first put it into first it kicked a lil bit more than the usual but after i slipped the clutch a lil it was back to normal and when i took off it pulled like hell. i cant wait to get riding.