PDA

View Full Version : clutch help!!!!

Knarf0486
06-15-2005, 02:13 PM
i am replacing the clutch on my 02 400 ex and i am having some problems. i replaced everything the way it came out. put the friction disk in first, alternated them between the disks and plates and the outside disk is in the shallow tab like it supposed to. but when i tighten the springs down and replace the crankcase cover the clutch wont disengage the gears.

i will put it in gear and pull the clutch in and the will not move, it catches the gear as though i wasnt pulling in the clutch at all. ive tryed adjusting the cable at the perch but still doesnt roll. if i push it enough it will eventually move. i still havent added the oil to it, could this be my problem. the more i do it the easier it is becoming to roll while in gear. on the clutch kit itself it says to slip clutch prior to riding what does this mean i should do.

am i not supposed to tighten the springs down all the way or is there a certain way that the pressure plate is supposed to go one. if anyone has any ideas shoot them my way. i wanna get this done for the weekend. thanks

quadracer505
06-15-2005, 06:59 PM
I would recomend a manual. that will tell you how to do it right.

ryann mx68
06-16-2005, 03:23 PM
your plates are probly stuck together [dry]. your supposed to soak in oil before installing. when this happens you can pull in clutch but it feels like- in gear. take cover off, soak the fibers, double check everything while your in there, make sure the arm is working properly, engaging etc.

Knarf0486
06-16-2005, 07:18 PM
i did presoak them prior to putting it together but what happened was i wasnt able to finish it up the night before so i jsut slid the crankcase cover back on and left it over night. and the next day when i put the oil in it everythin was fine.

thanks