PDA

View Full Version : Going in

Pappy
06-15-2005, 01:41 PM
I plan on getting into the engine sometime next month. I procured a JE stock bore higher compression piston and I have a Hot cams stage 2 cam sitting here.

Rossier will probably get the nod for the pipe so all should go good there unless anyone has any other pipe that will be better:D

Anyway, as soon as I can get the rest of the parts together and rope chad502ex into doing the install, ill be rippin':devil:

With all that said, what else seems to be the hot ticket that I maybe missing:confused:

465Stroker
06-15-2005, 01:52 PM
I know Chris Borich is pretty fond of his Alba Pipe.. After all he has the fastest Honda in the woods with just an HRC kit & Alba pipe.. That compairing it to FST 500's and Andy's Duncan 470..

Pappy
06-15-2005, 01:53 PM
how does the alba compare noise wise:ermm: i know they put out some quality parts so no worries, just the noise.

roostin_dale
06-15-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
With all that said, what else seems to be the hot ticket that I maybe missing:confused:

do you have the stock CDI? The vortex works wonders, the thing is awesome!

465Stroker
06-15-2005, 01:58 PM
I know Chris is getting 102's consistantly at the races when tested.. Plus who else will sell you a full exhaust system (stainless steel & aluminum), K&N, Airbox adapter and Jet Kit for $459 retail??

chad502ex
06-15-2005, 01:59 PM
I plan on getting into the engine sometime next month. I procured a JE stock bore higher compression piston and I have a Hot cams stage 2 cam sitting here.

Rossier will probably get the nod for the pipe so all should go good there unless anyone has any other pipe that will be better:D

Anyway, as soon as I can get the rest of the parts together and rope chad502ex into doing the install, ill be rippin':devil:

check your PM. dood let's get er done! wahhooooooo!

:D

Pappy
06-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by 465Stroker
$459 retail??

Pappy dont pay retail:p but i will gladly give them a call. even at $459 that does seem like a decent price when other companies want $400 for just a pipe!

Pappy
06-15-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
check your PM. dood let's get er done! wahhooooooo!

:D

as soon as i get the new clutch hub in and the clutch re installed, and get the rest of the parts, ill buy the beer and watch you do your thing;)

thats the piston from crash...it looks a bit different now :cool:

chad502ex
06-15-2005, 02:28 PM
as soon as i get the new clutch hub in and the clutch re installed, and get the rest of the parts, ill buy the beer and watch you do your thing;)

kewl! make sure we get a set of new rings for it.

Syrus
06-15-2005, 03:48 PM

I dunno about drinking while putting together a motor lol, but after foresure down that 24:)

Out_Sider
06-15-2005, 03:56 PM
i am quite fond of my dyna fs :macho

Pappy
06-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
I dunno about drinking while putting together a motor lol, but after foresure down that 24:)

re read please:o
i said i would buy the beer (so i wont raid his fridge:devil: )

i also said i would watch(hence he can do the install:devil: )

i live the good life...lmao

cletusEX
06-15-2005, 05:25 PM
re read please:o
i said i would buy the beer (so i wont raid his fridge:devil: )

That's my kinda install!:D

chad502ex
06-15-2005, 05:43 PM

I only help for friends, others i charge!! :D

remlapr
06-15-2005, 09:33 PM
Alot of people over on 450r.org have posted that a port\polish with the higher comp really helps.

Dave400ex
06-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Sounds like it will be a good setup. You could add the port/polish job, that would be about it. I thought the Rossiers were fairly loud as well?

jeepnrocks
06-16-2005, 05:34 AM
THe reason Chris Borich is faster than the 500's isn't becasue of motor or suspension. All of those guys have top of the line suspensions and it comes down to rider ability for the most part.