PDA

View Full Version : Set-up tips??

05YFZ450Rider
06-15-2005, 12:59 AM
Hey all!!! I ride a 2005 YFZ that I am planning on racing some arena cross and TT with. I also ride trails and some dunes, so I want to try to set up my quad to be the best all around with emphisis on the arena cross and TT. i have ordered the HDUSA i5500 +2 complete front suspension setup and a Gforce +4 axle. I am installing the AC propeg nerfs, front bumper and grab bar. my shock has been sent off for revalve by GT thunder, what linkage should I buy? Do I need anything else to make my quad more competitive without wasting money? I will be racing in the beginner class where alot of the quads are mostly stock, I want to set mine up but don't have an endless supply of funds. I am looking at the Hiper Technology wheels, what tires would be good for both the arena cross and TT? I was thinking about the MX4R's for rear and the MX's for front. Where is a good place to buy the Hipers? Thanks in advance for the help.

parkers30
06-15-2005, 06:33 AM
for the linkage just talk to Laz and have your rear setup for one of his linkages, which ever one he recommends, thats where mine will be going in a few weeks

dirtriderex
06-15-2005, 07:53 PM
Yeah I gotta get my linkage but I go racing/ riding every weekend.