PDA

View Full Version : +4 swinger for mx?

fasterblaster09
06-14-2005, 10:38 PM
Im goin pick up a blaster tomorrow,it has a +4 swinger,will that be too long for mx?Im not goin do like 60 ft tabletops,just little play jumps.Also,the motor is HIGHLY modified,hesaid it was set up for 300ft,and I know it was used for strictly drag racing.I couldnt tel lyou everything dont to it because I dont know yet.But could it be so modified that it would only be good for drag racing?
any info would be appreciated,thanks Neil

XCAdam89
06-15-2005, 07:21 AM
+4 might be a little long for MX, you could probably get by with it, but most people run a plus 2 or 3. +3 is usually the most popular. As for the engine, It depends how much it is modified, If he had porting done, the size of ports could affect the performance on a MX Track. It's complicated really, I don't even understand it fully.

bradley300
06-15-2005, 08:12 AM
if the motor was built for drag, you will not enjoy it on the mx track.

also, i would say plus 4 is too long

badass250r
06-15-2005, 09:03 AM
b4 i sold my swingger on my blaster i ran a +4 for mx and it worked fine u gotta rember that a blaster is very little and a +4 is like as long mabye a little longer than a 400ex

bradley300
06-15-2005, 08:16 PM
the overall length is not the issue here, it is weight bias front to rear as well as how long the swingarm is in relation to the "fowardness" of the a-arms (big difference in steering) and the relation of lenth vs. width

the stock blaster swingarm is about an inch short, so get a plus 2 swinger (an inch longer than the stocker should be) and plus 1 foward a-arms for the best steering response.

2000blasterboy
06-16-2005, 11:18 AM
i have a +3 and it is awsome, but i also have a custom LT setup in the rear for about 12in of travel, and with the drag motor you will really hate MXing with it, it is made for all top end and little low end power, it is ment to go fast not pull in the mid and low like MX machines... and as for a-arms i have +3+1's and they are awsome setup thats 6in total added in with and 1in forward and with my +3 swinger, my blaster is 4in longer then a stock blaster, but with the size of my wheels if it say near a stock blaster i bet that it owuld be close to the same becasue i have 20's up fornt, and 18's in the back, so tire to tire it would be about the same, but arms to axle it is 4in longer if you get what i am saying...

fasterblaster09
06-16-2005, 03:07 PM
No actually its set for low end,it hasm ore low end than top end.Thanks anyway Neil

2000blasterboy
06-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by fasterblaster09
No actually its set for low end,it hasm ore low end than top end.Thanks anyway Neil
then its not a drag motor...:huh

badass250r
06-16-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by 2000blasterboy
then its not a drag motor...:huh well it possiable if it a 1/8 mile drag quad but that usually drag port thats gearded real low, man if i was u i would make sure u have drag port because it sounds like an mx style port

fasterblaster09
06-16-2005, 06:15 PM
Well I know it takes off faster then all the blaster's I raced so far (non drag,set for mx).And i beat planty banshees?..Well I dont know,I know absolutely nothing about 2 strokes.Thanks for al lthe replys,neil