PDA

View Full Version : Tire Question

CmyBackULose
06-14-2005, 08:50 PM
We are currently running 16" Snow Hogs tires all around on our Kasea 50 for MX. Is there pro or cons to running the ITP Holeshot up front? If there are pros would the 18" Snow Hog on the rear be the way to go?

qwadfather
06-14-2005, 11:47 PM
-(I just posted this in another forum. hope it helps)--------------------------------------------------------------- Not to be a know it all, but Holeshots/Snow hogs (add small to that) in the front aren't the ideal casings. If you notice the tread runs opposite to what is conducive to turning! They were designed for a SNOW plow which as far as I know, need not carve a hairpin at 25 mph, LOL!As far as I know, ITP or Carlisle don't make a true front tire until you step up to a 19 or 20X6X10. This requires a wheel change and may create some clearance problems as well if you don't do some widening. If your budget is tight, try a set of Maxxis Pro XGT 2 ply (4ply for XC) Get size 20x7x8. They fit your stock wheels, they are taller for less rolling resistance and they carve real nice. They float on mud fairly well and clean out good and are near bullet-proof! Last, but not least, they are lots less money than the larger tires. We used a set on an LT80 for years in the desert with minimal wear and NEVER had a flat tire. Everything out here either sticks, stings or bites, so that's saying a lot! They are a little heavier but worth the difference when the above features are considered. Check the link below here http://www.maxxis.com/products/atv/product_detail.asp?id=47 and see if these help. As far as the rear goes, the 18's will have the effect of giving you taller gearing. We sometimes run 18's on longer tracks. We use a round-shouldered turf type tire in 2 sizes instead of the Holeshots. My boy likes the ride much better and the round shoulders allow him to power around corners without the harsh edge bite of the Holeshots. Click on (cut and paste, I should say) the link in my signature and you can see what we have. Well I hope I helped a little anyway. Ride safe all, Ed and Crew.