PDA

View Full Version : buying a new frame...is this a good price?

400exbiggun
06-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Well im buying a frame off my buddy. this frame was in their 465 mx'er then converted to a flattrack quad.
The frame does have the vin but no title. its fully gussted in every know breaking spot. Included is a brand spanking new subframe, which i believe is the subframe with the grab bar that bolts on, which is also reinforced throughout. They are both pc'ed candy blue. The subframe was never mounted so the pc is mint. The frame is ok, but i would redo it.

They want $350 (he thinks) for both. Only problem i have is i dont really want a blue frame but it would be hard for me to kill the brand new PC. :eek:

Think this is a good deal? i have seen other frames on ebay going for like $200-300 for frames alone, stockers...and some for upwards of $400-500 w/o subframe. This one is good, only ever cracked one time and that was the lower shock mount snapped off. But it was fixed and actually looks better than new.

Good deal or hold up for a better one? Dont think he will really negotiate on the price, but maybe i can talk him into some other cheaper parts also since im buying alot from him.

hardkoratvmxr
06-14-2005, 07:58 PM
good deal even if u decide on new pc

FoxMxRiders
06-14-2005, 09:45 PM
look like a good deal

markvette
06-14-2005, 11:01 PM
brand new frame from service honda is $473.

Mark