PDA

View Full Version : one of these things i just wonder about

Groomsy
06-14-2005, 06:20 PM
i am involved with a sprint car team...who needless to say, needs and upgrade in the push department...we currently use an old 250 utility that looks like it has been to hell and back about 20 times.....i was just wonder if i make a couple adjustments to the front bumber if my 400EX will push around a 305 sprint car...it would just be from the pits to the edge of the track and then prolly from the track back to the pit.......lemme know if ya think she can handle it(personally i think it will be fine, but many people have been leary of it because of the light rearend and concerned about gettin enough traction to push it...you must keep in mind...i am a little guy, only about 140 or 145 pounds)

ReconRider25
06-14-2005, 07:26 PM
ive never seen a sport quad used to bump start em or anything. always been utes. i wouldnt reccommend it as youll prob burn up the clutch tryin not to stall ity when u getr goin to push it n stuff but i think itd be able to.

Groomsy
06-16-2005, 05:31 PM
i am not pushing it off.......just out to the track and the push truck will push it off

enduro400rider
06-16-2005, 08:39 PM
i think you should be ok if you dont have to push it very far or up any hills to get on the track. a guy up at our local dirt track uses his scrambler to push his sprint. but why not keep uses your 250 if it get it done

duke416ex
06-17-2005, 07:13 AM
When I was running flat track we helped push cars off the track a couple times, it took two of us but of course we didn't have the best tires for what we were doing and it is rough on bumpers. If you rig the bumper up, get good tires, and keep your weight on the back you should be able to push unless you head up a steep hill.

JR3
06-17-2005, 12:26 PM
Thats funny because im also on a sprint car pit crew. But we use a 325 polaris magnum. I would never use my race bike for that becuase its ruff on the clutch and i dunno i would just never use it. There are guys at the track that use blasters warriors and stuff of that nature but they spin the tires a lot. We just lock the magnum in 4 low and we are fine just stick with what u got now.