PDA

View Full Version : Wildwood NJ.....

DiceMan400
05-26-2002, 08:05 PM
Big race in NJ Next weekend..... It is in wildwood NJ....... They take a section of beach and make a huge sand track........ I will be racing there........ Cant wait to blast on the beach......

05-29-2002, 01:49 PM
I have been going for 4 years awsome sand rand racing.

beerock
05-29-2002, 09:33 PM
see uou there guys :)

DiceMan400
05-30-2002, 04:55 AM
What are you guys driving??? I will look for you guys....... I am driving a white van with honda racing sticker, Pro Pilot racing sticker, and a SpongeBob squarpants sticker on the back windows......

Lasher
05-30-2002, 10:00 AM
I went to the fall beach race 2 years ago, and have no desire to make the trip again.

First, I live in CT, so the drive was very long.

Second, my wife got the flu on the way down, in the 7 hour trip she hacked enough to pass me the germs. So I was sick as a dog the entire weekend.

Third, the track was a mess and none of the jumps were even do-able by the time we ran. I know being deathly sick was partially to blame for not being able to ride the whoops that good (you know it is bad when you are drooling on yourself on the track) but I at least expected the jumps to be refaced.

Fourth and most important, the flaggers were dangerous to say the least. While watching the racing, I say many bikes go down after a jump. The flagger sitting on top of the jump never did anything. About 3 bikes came over the jump (luckily they could not jump it) and ran into the guy and the bike. Just too unsafe for my tastes.

Also, when the kids got out there on the little bikes, they could hardly make it around the track. Did the track people even care to smooth out a lane so the smaller bikes could even ride? No.

All in all, it seemed like the entire weekend was more about the money than the racing. I am sure if I lived closer to the beach I would think about trying it again, but to drive 7 hours one way for that kind of racing is not for me.

beerock
06-01-2002, 09:06 PM
well, to back up the race organizors, the track flagmen were great this year.
there were people hiitting he jumps but there was only one quad rider who hit one of the doubles, that was john natalie.
I hung out with him and brad hermann from herrmann racing they are both really cool laid back guys :)

well, I placed 3rd today and hope I finish at leas top ten tommorrow.

the first turn at that track tells the whole story.

it was a horror for me, I got hit hard in the rear and it popped my exhaust offright where the flange is fr he motor, so my exhaust was going right out the cylinder.

I had no top end, and I still got 3rd.

Well see what happens tommorrow.
I'm gonna try to get a 1st to 4th place hole shot and then pick everyone off.
you never know though.

06-04-2002, 09:51 AM
dunk was hitting the front two doubles on his 2 stroke too! The flaggers were ok Trophy situation sucked. You won't catch me there in the fall.

beerock
06-09-2002, 02:06 PM
ya dunk was doing them everfy once in a whiile.
he was cool too. he got caught up in the last moto, that sucked for him.:o