PDA

View Full Version : cracked frame ?

bevel head
06-14-2005, 05:15 PM
does anyone's frame look like this ? its a 04 400 about 4 months old .

eganracing
06-14-2005, 05:21 PM
that looks like the frame just flexed and the paint chipped off.

NacsMXer
06-14-2005, 07:36 PM
What he said ^^. Mine looks like that too and it's still good. Just a textbook stress point on the frame down by the footpegs which will eventually crack all the way through if subjected to constant abuse. The only real fix is a complete gusset job. Just keep an eye on it and fix it when it starts to go on ya ;)

TCracin440ex
06-14-2005, 09:14 PM
that aint nothin to worrie about...honda dont p/c their frames they just paint them and th paint flakes off fairly easy esp after some use

after 2 months my frame had just about all the paint gone off the welds and such...proally from frame flex like said above...but i didnt do any jumpin with it or anything its just stock honda paint sucks

yamablaster24
06-14-2005, 09:29 PM
I fixed hondas foot peg problem by replacing the bolts on either side with one stud running thru the frame holding the nuts on at each end. This is so instead of a bolt pulling threads out it pulls the stud out but pulls other side in so the force neatralizes but holds my pegs in firmly.

FoxMxRiders
06-14-2005, 09:43 PM
the paint on mine is gone at this place too,I will take the frame apart and powdercoat it :D

TCracin440ex
06-14-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by yamablaster24
I fixed hondas foot peg problem by replacing the bolts on either side with one stud running thru the frame holding the nuts on at each end. This is so instead of a bolt pulling threads out it pulls the stud out but pulls other side in so the force neatralizes but holds my pegs in firmly.

pretty much the same here

stock bolts were junk and went to take them out and snap...rung all 4 of them off in the chassis...took it to a buddy of mine who is a great metal worker and such....had him drill the bolts out....drill all the way thru the frame on the front mounts and put a bolt with a lock washer and nut on the back so they wont break off in the frame again...and for the back....we drilled them out too and tapped them it has about a 3 inch long bolt in the back mount these bolts are almost twice the size of the stock bolts too...

400exrider26
06-15-2005, 04:30 AM
any pictures of what you guys are doing to your pegs?

TCracin440ex
06-15-2005, 12:34 PM
ill post some pics when i wash my bike up...my bike is straight up muddy right now...and i dont feel like fuggin with it

2000 posts...woot woot!!

bevel head
06-15-2005, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the info. we'll keep an eye on it for the rest of the summer then we'll take the frame to pappy this winter :D