View Full Version : Got the ELKAS today!!!

300ex73
06-14-2005, 12:10 PM
I finally got in my Elka shocks after about a month or so of waiting(communication problems between Burgard and Elka on the length of the LT shocks and arms). Still haven't gotten the arms yet, hoping for those soon, so I can get them to the powdercoater. I can't wait to get these suckers on.

The front shocks are triple rate, 16.5 inch with compression and rebound adjustment, and piggybacks.

The rear is just a standard 300EX shock, compression and rebound adjustable.

And of course, they're all zero-preload, since all Elkas(unless noted or specially ordered) are zpl.

Anyways, yeah, that's the info on the shocks, now some pics.

huffdaddy_400EX
06-14-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by 300ex73
I finally got in my Elka shocks after about a month or so of waiting(communication problems between Burgard and Elka on the length of the LT shocks and arms). Still haven't gotten the arms yet, hoping for those soon, so I can get them to the powdercoater. I can't wait to get these suckers on.

The front shocks are triple rate, 16.5 inch with compression and rebound adjustment, and piggybacks.

The rear is just a standard 300EX shock, compression and rebound adjustable.

And of course, they're all zero-preload, since all Elkas(unless noted or specially ordered) are zpl.

Anyways, yeah, that's the info on the shocks, now some pics.

Looking good!

You'll want to do the rear as soon as you can. If you don't want to purchase a new elka rear you can get an elka conversion done on the stock rear. I had mine done by C&D and it works great

300ex73
06-15-2005, 07:27 AM
Pretty sure you can't rebuild the stock rear shock on a 300EX. But, it doesn't matter anyways. I got the rear and the fronts all at once.

Also, wanna throw out a big thanks to Jeff Stoess at the Quadshop for all the help on my suspension.

Here's a pic of the rear shock.

hardkoratvmxr
06-15-2005, 08:24 AM
very nice make sure to get pics up of them on your quad when you get your a-arms

bwamos
06-16-2005, 01:19 PM
Congrats.. it will make a WORLD of difference. ;)

You are correct the 300ex shocks are not rebuildable.

300exOH
06-16-2005, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bwamos
[B]Congrats.. it will make a WORLD of difference. ;)

I agree. My Elkas are the best mod I've done to my 300ex. Be sure to post a pic of the burgard LT's when you get them on. I got mine through Quadshop and I couldn't be happier. Enjoy!:devil: