PDA

View Full Version : hmmm

edz250r
06-14-2005, 11:04 AM
But will a new plug give an accurate reading from just putting the plug in, idling for 10 seconds and WOT without any normal riding at all? I thought I once heard that the plug won't change to the true color that fast which is why i'm curious.

06-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Be sure next time you click New Reply and not New Thread.

No it will not change Immediately, you really should ride it in all RPM Ranges and check it again.

but like i said before, it seems to me that its lean, a rich setting on the high end of the rpm range does not really cause the bike to cut off, but a lean setting does.

If you are going to ride it that way to see the plug color i suggest you do it very carefully.

edz250r
06-14-2005, 12:52 PM
sorry about that...

I always thought that bogged out and sputtering on the high end of rpm is a problem with it being too rich??

I don't always plan to run wide open, but whenever I reach the high rpm's of any gear, it starts to sputter and I want to clean it out by adjusting the main jet....

06-14-2005, 01:12 PM
Sputtering, i thought you said cutting out.... well your off somewhere on your settings.

run it and check the plug and you can go from there. What size jet do you have in now in the main? and which carb.

edz250r
06-14-2005, 01:24 PM
I'm running a 38 a/s. There is a 185 main in it now.