PDA

View Full Version : Back brake stuck....

300exDust
06-14-2005, 10:37 AM
I was ride'n yesterday on the rode and the brake worked fine until I really needed it. I pushed on the brake but it refused to go down. I had to step on it pretty hard.... Any Ideas??

I have a new resie coming in tomorrow. I'm just curious if that is my problem. I know you need to have one but you'd think that the brake would go to the ground since there'd be no pressure....

An input is apreciated

300exDust
06-15-2005, 10:48 AM
are you serious?? no input on a tech question? where you at bradely??

bwamos
06-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Could be a seal on the actual caliper giving way, but not busted yet, making it squishy.

250xTrailRider
06-15-2005, 07:16 PM
If you have no more pad left then that might do it. The piston would be all the way out. I would think that the res would be empty though. Or else like bwamos said something internally giving way. A rubber seal has swelled up closing off something. The only other thing would be something in the way of the brake pedal.

N

300exDust
06-16-2005, 07:35 AM
see my pads are VERY low I just got new ones in last night off ebay.....I'll try that out and see if thats what it was, and my exhaust melted half my resie had to buy a new one of them too...

250xTrailRider
06-16-2005, 03:37 PM
Ouch. Some plastic may have gotten inside the brake plunger.( not very easy but possible) I would give it a good cleaning. Use compressed air and automotive power steering oil( high quality and very fine). You could use rubbing alcohol or brake cleaner but get those rubber seals bathed in brake fluid quickly or else the rubber compound will break down and become brittle and then it will stop working the way it is suppossed to. Good luck.