PDA

View Full Version : Soft Carb Screw Replacement

Chino886
06-14-2005, 09:22 AM
Hey Y'all,

I have found a solution to all the problems with my 2002 400 EX Carb Screws. I went to the local hardware store and got some screws with the same pitch (.70) and replaced them all, now I don't have to mess with those soft brass screws anymore.

If anyone can not find them at their local hardware store, let me know and I will send you a complete set. You will have to pay for shipping and the parts of course.

Dave

FoxMxRiders
06-14-2005, 10:08 AM
thanks for the tips :)

Juggalo
06-15-2005, 01:30 PM
yeah thanks...those stock screws sucked! im glad i sold my stock carb so i'll never have to mess with them again

bwamos
06-15-2005, 03:49 PM
300ex carb is the same way.. swapped mine out for some Stainless Steel ones about 4 years ago. Still good as new.

greg_gorrell
06-16-2005, 12:22 AM
yeah man good thinking...im gonna go down and buy me some

Chino886
06-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Just in case you have already stripped them out, get a good pair of vise grips and grab the head and loosen it, then you should be able to get it out.

D

bloodhound400
06-16-2005, 01:12 PM
yea,good lookin out chino

HeyWatchThis
06-22-2005, 06:47 AM
Man am I glad I found this thread. I was taking my carb apart yesterday to prep for a new exhaust and stripped a screw head that holds the black cover on. I felt like an idiot and couldn't figure out what I did wrong. I had the correct size philips and all. Doesn't appear I'm alone. I'll mess w/ it today and see if I can get it out without having to drill the head of the screw off.

So... this got me thinking already about just getting a better carb. I'll see if I cant find other threads about good carbs to get :)

Chino886
06-22-2005, 07:03 AM
I am glad that this threaad is helpful. I have heard that you should stay away from Edelbrock carbs, get an FCR.

Dave

Originally posted by HeyWatchThis
Man am I glad I found this thread. I was taking my carb apart yesterday to prep for a new exhaust and stripped a screw head that holds the black cover on. I felt like an idiot and couldn't figure out what I did wrong. I had the correct size philips and all. Doesn't appear I'm alone. I'll mess w/ it today and see if I can get it out without having to drill the head of the screw off.

So... this got me thinking already about just getting a better carb. I'll see if I cant find other threads about good carbs to get :)