PDA

View Full Version : more truck help

Bush0102
06-14-2005, 06:48 AM
do the 2000-2002 3/4 ton dodge trucks have the same transmission problems as the half ton trucks?

i'm talking about the one with the high output cummins...

i'm working my *** off this summer, i just might buy myself a little present in august:scary:

haha actually i may be getting a new horse so i need the diesel. i just dont want to have to replace the tranny every 80K miles

Mxjunkie
06-14-2005, 06:51 AM
theres a 94 down at my work now, it has just about every mod possible, turbos, injectors, propane you name it has it, he had to modify his transmission. His went bad when he first got it, Now I dont know if it was out of stupidy or failure because the guy runs the thing like its a drag car, it does run 13's though :scary: My friends dad had a Dodge like you want and his went bad, I guess it all depends what time of the year you get it, during the winter they are all drunk and lazy, during the summer they are moving

Get a Chevy :devil:

Bush0102
06-14-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
Get a Chevy :devil:

yeah right, that duramax is a piece of junk.

anyway, on that 94 dodge...pretty sure that was back in the 12 valve days for the cummins, so i'm not sure if that is the same transmission. and yeah, i have a friend with injectors and a twin turbo conversion (not to mention a 16" lift) on his powerstroke and he had to build his tranny too.

what year was your friend's dad's?

chucked
06-14-2005, 03:05 PM
duramax i the worse out of cummins and power stroke. My buddy has a 4wd extended cab power stroke, runs 14.0's all day long with 33" all terrains and a full tool box in the bed.

Mxjunkie
06-14-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
yeah right, that duramax is a piece of junk.

anyway, on that 94 dodge...pretty sure that was back in the 12 valve days for the cummins, so i'm not sure if that is the same transmission. and yeah, i have a friend with injectors and a twin turbo conversion (not to mention a 16" lift) on his powerstroke and he had to build his tranny too.

what year was your friend's dad's?