PDA

View Full Version : LT a-arm brand questions

roostin_dale
06-13-2005, 10:53 PM
EDIT: for those who answered me, thanks! But i have gotten some PMs and some people are taking this post in the wrong way and are mis-understanding me, thanks guys...

punker69q
06-14-2005, 07:24 AM
I think you are the only one who can answer this question. Does your current setup got too much bumpsteer or not enough travel or is the travel too high? Take some measurements (sp?) on your current setup and if everything seems fine and ride fine, I doubt that the performance gain (if any) would make a difference that is worth 3000$.

TBD
06-14-2005, 04:27 PM
A-arms are fairlly generic. There are some that are just junk but as far as any of the top ones I doubt you would notice a difference. As long as they use the stock mounting points at the frame and a stock spindle there is not much you could change, other then the shock mount, that would make a difference. Unless you change the mounting points at the frame or change the spindles, a-arms will do nothing with the bumpsteer.

rob-u/21
06-14-2005, 08:20 PM
I have ridden on roll LT's a-arms, Houser LT's, Rickystator std, Epic LT's, TimmyBoy Designs, Leagers (not protrax), and to me they all pretty much feel the same. I dont think the a-arm is going to make you any faster, the suspension you have is what makes you go faster. If you have your suspension set up just right to whereever it is you are ridding you will be able to go through the obstacles much faster no mater what a-arms you are using. But then again this is just what I think.

sampleez
06-14-2005, 08:26 PM
i don't think you'd be able to tell much or any difference between the top 5 aarm companies. and from what i've seen and heard, jb is definately in the top 5. that setup sure was workin for matt when i saw him ridin. what do you not like about it? maybe you just need to have the shocks serviced and revalved for you

K_Fulk
06-14-2005, 09:25 PM
I would spend the money getting the shocks setup the best you can.

Pappy
06-14-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
I would spend the money getting the shocks setup the best you can.

i couldnt have said it better;)

roostin_dale
06-14-2005, 09:46 PM
i tihnk oyu guys are gettin the wrong idea, i like the setup alot! And my theroy has always been your paying for the brand name anyways...I was just talkin to a local racer nad he said i would notice a big difference in walsh, i was just wanting some opinions..

Dave400ex
06-14-2005, 10:26 PM
There is no doubt that Walsh is awesome, but I think spending the money to have the shocks done by somebody like Noleen, Precision Concepts, etc, would be better...