PDA

View Full Version : Starting Problems

400EX Stud
06-13-2005, 08:06 PM
I bought an 03 raptor at an auction a few weeks ago. When i first got it it ran like a raped ape. I took it to wash it to get ready to sell it. When i finished washing it it would idle but when i let out on the clutchin first it would die. Now it will not even start. I have not started tearing into anything yet. I have been busy with my race bike. It will turn over but not start. like i said i have not started tearing into anything. Another thing is that the battery seems to run down quickly. If i could get any help it would be greatly appreciated.

MadDog56
06-13-2005, 08:58 PM
Sounds like the classic "water in the bike" syndrome. The question is whether you soaked the intake or the electronics. Try the spark plug boot too.

quadryder
06-14-2005, 04:44 AM
do ya have a full tank of gas? petcock on "on"? is your parking break disinguaged at the lever and at the rear by the axle?

BushManRebel
06-19-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by MadDog56
Sounds like the classic "water in the bike" syndrome. The question is whether you soaked the intake or the electronics. Try the spark plug boot too. :rolleyes: make sure there isn't any water settled inside by the plug in case you remove the plug.