PDA

View Full Version : Racers for Research Park Hills, Mo MHSC June 25th 2005

Johnny & Monica
06-13-2005, 07:26 PM
One of the biggest races of the year for the MHSC will be held on June 25th for atvs at Park Hills, MO. The awesome Racers for Research Race will be kicking off on the main street in town around 12:30 pm .Collect donations for the March of Dimes to pay for your entry fee. All proceeds go to the March of Dimes. Raffle tickets also available for 50cc Kazuma Meerkat, 14 inch stihl chainsaw,Watkins products gift basket need not be present to win. Prize packages also given away for the amount of donations collected.

Pee wee race 9:00 am

Race location--Hwy 67 south to Leadington exit. West on 32 to St. Joe State Park Mines Museum. Camping available at park campground not race site.

More info www.racers4research.com

Admission for spectators is $5 per person, children 12 and under are free.

Info numbers 636-942-4884 or 636-398-4468

Rdogg450
06-13-2005, 07:35 PM
Awesome race i will definitely be there and its also the closest Missouri race to my house.....AWESOME!!!!!!!:)

watts16
06-14-2005, 10:37 AM
is this race in the riding area of flat river???

yfz450xc
06-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Seperate course that riders dont get to ride in but only 2-3 times a year this is the bggest race of the year for MHSC and last year boasted over 215 Quads in the adult classes alone.
I will be there and the boy is making his MHSC debut in the 50 cc class with 3-4 other 50 cc I know of, Tom and Greg have got the Little dozer down there so it's going to be a fast one .
Lets everyone give a big ole YEEEEEHAAAAAA.
just not enough to say about this race you just have to EXPIERENCE it for yourself, you wont be disappointed.
YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
almost sounds exciting Huh
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:D :D :D :D

tprender
06-14-2005, 04:19 PM
John Pellan from ********.com came last year and here is his race report with pictures from last year.
http://********.com/race-reports/other/flatrivergp-04.htm
We have been working on this course since last Nov.. It will be different from last year. There will be some new trails again this year. Will have the rest area toilet again(no seat, bring your own paper). I will be getting there on Monday and the rest will be coming on Tuesday or Wed to set up the course. It will be done and arrowed by Thursday night if you want to walk it on Friday. Geoff George will get there Friday and tell everyone that he did most of the work again. Have to be carefull with him. He puts the arrows on the wrong side of the trees sometimes.
Again, sell the raffle tickets. If you need extra ones print them off of the website. The more that you sell, the more that we give as riders to the March of Dimes. We have tons of things that have been donated to be sold or given away.

watts16
06-14-2005, 05:10 PM
ok well we are going to ride at flat river from wenesday till when ever the race is. i will be in the 2-3-4 class and my dad will be in the 40+ class

watts16
06-14-2005, 05:11 PM
if nothing breaks lol

ILGNCC400EX
06-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Yep me and some buds are coming. This is the best and most fun race you'll ever run in your life! It's the one race i always look forward to doing. Run by great people adn the corse is always great! See yall there!

400exmom
06-14-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by ILGNCC400EX
Yep me and some buds are coming. This is the best and most fun race you'll ever run in your life! It's the one race i always look forward to doing. Run by great people adn the corse is always great! See yall there! ill be there with danno and crew:D

ILGNCC400EX
06-14-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by 400exmom
ill be there with danno and crew:D :D

79400ex
06-14-2005, 08:16 PM
This one will be my next race. I will have my 440 back. Iwill not be at seymore, I have to work and replace my furance in my house this week. The stupid thing quit monday. I might be post some parts off a honda 400ex soon. If I don't just pm me and see what I have for sell.

dirtriderex
06-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Count me in, St. Jeos state park is an awsome place to ride. The more riders the funner

tprender
06-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Like was said before the race is run in an area outside of the normal riding area. You can come down anyday that you want an ride inside the regular riding area. The only time that you will get to ride this area will be on Sat, the day of the race.

yfz450xc
06-16-2005, 04:25 AM
Good job Tom and Greg and tell Geoff that we want to see him sitting on the toilet as a check point.

Tom and Greg likes to put "Odd" objects around in tthe woods, some people and hats or other things for trade marks; Tom has toilet's and such.:D
Tom I would like to help with the youth race on a sweeper for thew 50 cc's if you can use the help, I can bring the wifes 250ex.
let me know.
Scott

Lime400EX
06-16-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
One of the biggest races of the year for the MHSC will be held on June 25th for atvs at Park Hills, MO. The awesome Racers for Research Race will be kicking off on the main street in town around 12:30 pm .Collect donations for the March of Dimes to pay for your entry fee. All proceeds go to the March of Dimes. Raffle tickets also available for 50cc Kazuma Meerkat, 14 inch stihl chainsaw,Watkins products gift basket need not be present to win. Prize packages also given away for the amount of donations collected.

Race location--Hwy 67 south to Leadington exit. West on 32 to St. Joe State Park Mines Museum. Camping available at park campground not race site.

Lime400EX
06-16-2005, 09:03 AM

I'll be there. Even though I have a busted knee.

geogeorge
06-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by tprender
John Pellan from ********.com came last year and here is his race report with pictures from last year.
We have been working on this course since last Nov.. It will be different from last year. There will be some new trails again this year. Will have the rest area toilet again(no seat, bring your own paper). I will be getting there on Monday and the rest will be coming on Tuesday or Wed to set up the course. It will be done and arrowed by Thursday night if you want to walk it on Friday. Geoff George will get there Friday and tell everyone that he did most of the work again. Have to be carefull with him. He puts the arrows on the wrong side of the trees sometimes.
Again, sell the raffle tickets. If you need extra ones print them off of the website. The more that you sell, the more that we give as riders to the March of Dimes. We have tons of things that have been donated to be sold or given away.

At least I get them on the trees tom. Last race you were taping them to the doser .

geogeorge
06-18-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by yfz450xc
Good job Tom and Greg and tell Geoff that we want to see him sitting on the toilet as a check point.

Tom and Greg likes to put "Odd" objects around in tthe woods, some people and hats or other things for trade marks; Tom has toilet's and such.:D
Tom I would like to help with the youth race on a sweeper for thew 50 cc's if you can use the help, I can bring the wifes 250ex.
let me know.
Scott

Moose cap this year. The toilet is for jamie to sit on. I put a new mag out so you honda guys a look at the nice pics of the 06 Yamaha that is going to blow your doors off. :devil:

06-18-2005, 10:14 PM
wish i could go to this 1, but its just way too far for us :(

Kurt Glore
06-19-2005, 01:39 PM

Tom,

Where can we get on the track at? My guess would be the pit area. I would like to mountain bike it on Friday.

Thanks,

Kurt G.

bjones
06-19-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by kurt440
Tom,

Where can we get on the track at? My guess would be the pit area. I would like to mountain bike it on Friday.

Thanks,

Kurt G

Kurt you can come into the pit area on Friday anytime. You can start from there.

Bryan Jones
MHSC #430

Johnny & Monica
06-20-2005, 08:52 PM
5 days to go!!!!!!!!! Gotta make sure I get some pics of Scott since we may not see him for awhile.:(

the Z Man
06-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Say Johnny, how far is this race from your place? You got room for one more? Z. # 6

Johnny & Monica
06-20-2005, 09:50 PM
Almost 7 hours from our house.:( Johnny is going to work the race this weekend.

yfz450xc
06-21-2005, 04:40 AM
5 days to go!!!!!!!!! Gotta make sure I get some pics of Scott since we may not see him for awhile.:(

:blah: :blah:
Watch out the boy is racing is first and probably last Mo race here for awhile if things arn't changed next year and we might have to bother you all in Iowa.:D ;)

400exmom
06-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Watch out the boy is racing is first and probably last Mo race here for awhile if things arn't changed next year and we might have to bother you all in Iowa.:D ;) Scott nice to see you sunday ~ your boy looked great out on the track!!:)

Johnny & Monica
06-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Watch out the boy is racing is first and probably last Mo race here for awhile if things arn't changed next year and we might have to bother you all in Iowa.:D ;)

Iowa will welcome you with open arms.Your the type of racers that the series is made up of.An they have a class for your son also:D

QUADROOKIE
06-21-2005, 10:00 PM
Iowa will welcome you with open arms.Your the type of racers that the series is made up of.An they have a class for your son also:D

;) Yeah, what he/she said!!!:D

markk
06-22-2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by ILGNCC400EX
:D

Man danno, I actully wish i could come with u-all, But the whole family is going out to the Wisp that weekend!!

It was the same weekend as the Wisp GNCC last year as well, Would it be possible to Schedual that race around the GNCCs for 06??

yfz450xc
06-22-2005, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by 400exmom
Scott nice to see you sunday ~ your boy looked great out on the track!!:)

Thanks Kim it was good to see you as well, the boy did pretty good had trouble with the arrows but stuck it out.
I got to watch you all take off, looks like you had a real good start with the mix class of A's and your class, but then iot was nothinbg but dust after that.
You looked to be on your game going through the chck point as well.
Take care see ya saturday
Scott

yfz450xc
06-22-2005, 04:28 AM

Actually me and my buddy Terry from KC talked about it last night so it very well may be in the plans for at least 1 race to see how it is and I owe all you guy's up there anyway for all the races you all came to down here.
Can I ride your bike :D
Scott

400EX Stud
06-22-2005, 05:34 PM
I'll Be there. I got to make up some points. Hey scott, The ''Wife" is letting me out to play with my nuts this weekend too.......wait that didn't sound right. She's giving me my balls so i can come out and play this weekend. LOL :rolleyes: :blah: I will be there though letting my balls hang out during the race.

Hey johnny i missed ya last race.

Johnny & Monica
06-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Please no balls nuts or butt cracks for the photos:D

bjones
06-22-2005, 06:01 PM
I just spent the first day putting together the race course for this weekend. I'm sorry to say it is really gonna be dusty and hot. It looks like it has not rained in months down here. All I can say drink alot of water and bring alot also. The local forecast is SUNNY an 95 degrees for Saturday with no rain in sight.

Bryan Jones
MHSC #430

400EX Stud
06-22-2005, 06:43 PM
Please no balls nuts or butt cracks for the photos:D :devil: :devil: I make a special attempt to give you one of those shots. I am well known around home for making a full moon come out at high noon.:D :D

shep
06-22-2005, 07:08 PM
:bandit: I was going to make an attept but the battery is dead ,the boy has strep throat ,F@ck-it im stayin home!!!!:mad: .........................05YFZ 4- sale!!

DJJ450r
06-22-2005, 07:20 PM
how much u sellin ur yfz for?

shep
06-22-2005, 07:24 PM
:bandit: make a goodoffer!! .............................DJ

shep
06-22-2005, 08:04 PM
:bandit: is M of D an AMA race anyone?

Johnny & Monica
06-22-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by shep
:bandit: I was going to make an attept but the battery is dead ,the boy has strep throat ,F@ck-it im stayin home!!!!:mad: .........................05YFZ 4- sale!!

Shep
You wussy,We wasnt going to race Mo. but you called me an ask why we couldnt do the Mo. series like we do the Ia. series an give race coverage.An we dedicate a lot of time an money to do 2 series An where the hell are you:grr: We do this because I thougth it was so cool of you to call an comment on Monicas pix`s an ask us to . Annnn you bail on us.....:mad: An I only seen Geoff at a handfull an Now Scott is bailing on us:huh
You guys are the only ones who appreciates Monica walking the whole couse taking pictures now your leaving:confused: :confused: Well then I`m not finishing the whole series either

An Scott your always welcome to race my quad:D

yfz450xc
06-23-2005, 04:24 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 400EX Stud
[B]I'll Be there. I got to make up some points. Hey scott, The ''Wife" is letting me out to play with my nuts this weekend too.......wait that didn't sound right. She's giving me my balls so i can come out and play this weekend. LOL :rolleyes: :blah: I will be there though letting my balls hang out during the race.

Might not of sounded right but sure was funny:p

yfz450xc
06-23-2005, 04:26 AM

Man Jamie Brian has been asking about tyler for a long time and this race, not much you can do about the strep throat tough but give Gaylon or Matt a howler on the battery .
See there Jamie ?
Scott

yfz450xc
06-23-2005, 04:30 AM
Ryans steak house Friday at 7:30 pm for everyone we will be staying at days inn in farmington stop by.
Johnny you try and make it for vittles ya here.
That Ryans steak horse or is it house :D
Scott B Johnson

Johnny & Monica
06-23-2005, 06:26 AM
7 hours and we can't leave until at least 5:30 when I get off work. Save me some vittles.LOL. I still think there will be a good turnout for the MOD it's always been one of the biggest races of the year even when they schedule it the same day as a GNCC:( Maybe next year they will make sure it's on an all race free weekend so we can talk smack to some of the big Pro guys to show up and put up there money.:D ;) :p

Monica

yfz450xc
06-23-2005, 06:32 AM
Man Monica that is a long drive for you all , are chance and Tay Tay racing as well ?
Dont forget to come see me I have a bundle of papers I want you to take to the Iwoa race if you havn't gotten them yet.
Scott

Johnny & Monica
06-23-2005, 06:54 AM
:bandit: is M of D an AMA race anyone?

No AMA

yfz450xc
06-23-2005, 06:59 AM
Johnny I am thinking running w/ you all in senior this race since my points wont matter no more ?
What do ya think ?
Scott

Johnny & Monica
06-23-2005, 07:02 AM
I dont think we`re bring any quads just driving down to take pictures an Johnny`s working it . He asked 2 weeks pior :devil:

Johnny & Monica
06-23-2005, 07:04 AM
Johnny I am thinking running w/ you all in senior this race since my points wont matter no more ?
What do ya think ?
Scott

Now I wish my quad was together:( But theres 3 Ia. races yet:D come on up:devil:

yfz450xc
06-23-2005, 07:04 AM
I dont think we`re bring any quads just driving down to take pictures an Johnny`s working it . He asked 2 weeks pior :devil:

It will probably be a good one to work and I dont blame you a bit .
See you there.
Scott

yfz450xc
06-23-2005, 07:08 AM
I f you can get it approved by kinklear or Tom let me know and i can bring down the wifes 250 ex or the 400 ex for you all to use for working the race.
let me know i have Greg Kinklear's phone #.
it's no big deal for us it's only 2 hour drive.
let me know
Scott

Johnny & Monica
06-23-2005, 07:10 AM
It will probably be a good one to work and I dont blame you a bit .
See you there.
Scott

It would be a cheaper drive without the large enclosed an someone stole 2 of our 8 foot smaller trailers.Taylors quad is still apart hanging in the oven after being powdercoated 2 weeks ago an waiting on a new top end kit , An my 450 is setting without a stem an plastic on it.

shep
06-23-2005, 05:34 PM
:bandit: Tyler and i will be there for him to race,and a bunch of hangin out,found out today im up shoulder surgery count me out!!but present!!

DJJ450r
06-23-2005, 05:45 PM
thats good to hear. hope tyler does good

SHEP400EX
06-23-2005, 06:47 PM
i don't know if i'll be there or not. i hurt my throttle thumb last week pretty bad, the bike has a bent axle and i think i bent the steering stem when i rolled. i may come and watch since i have to go to st louis anyway. also on a bad note i wanted to apologize to anyone i may have held up last race at seymore, i lost part of my hearing recently and could not hear people like chris wyatt or terry minck hollowing at me. i truly am sorry for not pulling out of the way. had i known they were there i would have moved. i did see chris once and moved over as soon as i could but i should had found a way to do it sooner i really like racing with you guys and respect you as my friends so please accept my apology and if all else fails just give me a bump. tony shepherd #91

Kurt Glore
06-23-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by SHEP400EX
i don't know if i'll be there or not. i hurt my throttle thumb last week pretty bad, the bike has a bent axle and i think i bent the steering stem when i rolled. i may come and watch since i have to go to st louis anyway. also on a bad note i wanted to apologize to anyone i may have held up last race at seymore, i lost part of my hearing recently and could not hear people like chris wyatt or terry minck hollowing at me. i truly am sorry for not pulling out of the way. had i known they were there i would have moved. i did see chris once and moved over as soon as i could but i should had found a way to do it sooner i really like racing with you guys and respect you as my friends so please accept my apology and if all else fails just give me a bump. tony shepherd #91

Tony, get that thing back together so I can chase you around the dust bowl. I hope you can get things going in time, if not I hope you can make it up to watch.

I rode at the park yesterday on the inside (the race is always on the outside) and it was so dusty, man oh man. If you do have to miss a race, this will be the one. It is so dry here, the dust will be just like it was for the final race of the season here last year.

Kurt G.

5valves
06-23-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by SHEP400EX

Hey Tony, I bet Chris isnt to upset about it he DNF'd AGAIN. man what bad luck for really fast old guy. lol.
Terry didnt finish to bad so I bet all is okay.
We wont be there. To long of a drive and we are P#sys when it comes to dust.
get better soon
Ryon

jdwxv3
06-23-2005, 07:19 PM
To bad people dont move when I yell! Sometimes I think I am a mute, and I am to nice to hit anyone......so far;) I am getting sick of people not gettin out of the way though. Maybe if I quit getting last off the line I wont have this problem:D As far as Park hills goes. Mitch and Casey(my brothers) will be there but I am in a wedding so I will be at Jamestown and maybe if I am lucky Florence!

shep
06-23-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
thats good to hear. hope tyler does good :bandit: Tyler always duz!! you got everything ready to go !!

DJJ450r
06-23-2005, 08:13 PM
my pipe came in at precision today but my lil bro had a baseball game so my dad couldnt go get it..hopefully i can get it tomorrow and get the jets in and runnin right before we leave

shep
06-23-2005, 08:15 PM
:bandit: if you need help let me know!!

DJJ450r
06-23-2005, 08:16 PM
i will

SHEP400EX
06-23-2005, 09:15 PM
terry told me all is good and he didn't lose any positions over it and yeah chris dnfd but i still feel bad cuz i know what it is like to follow someone for 2 laps that won't move out of the way. pray for rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yfz450xc
06-24-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by 5valves
Hey Tony, I bet Chris isnt to upset about it he DNF'd AGAIN. man what bad luck for really fast old guy. lol.
Terry didnt finish to bad so I bet all is okay.
We wont be there. To long of a drive and we are P#sys when it comes to dust.
get better soon
Ryon

Terry didnt mention anything of it this week so dont sweat it he will not be at this one either.
Dustin Stelzer will be working the race also .
Scott B Johnson

Rdogg450
06-24-2005, 09:27 PM
WoW!!!!
I hope Park Hills is getting the rain we are getting here in Illinois!
It's been raining a couple hours non-stop!:D

yfz450xc
06-28-2005, 08:11 AM
Any body that worked needs to fet ahold of the Score keeper because thier work average is not up on round 9 of March of dimes but it is on round 8 ?
Tony shep , Johnny k , Dustin stelzer and anyone else?

Johnny & Monica
06-28-2005, 08:28 AM
Just emailed the scorekeeper. I hope they get it straight Johnny got screwed out of a work average a few years ago.:(

Thanks for keeping on top of things Scott.:D

geogeorge
06-28-2005, 06:56 PM

WEll tom I was there on thursday and youknow I did do all the work. You know its hard having to to check up on your stuff and make sure it is done right. :blah:

tprender
06-29-2005, 12:19 PM
You must not have worked that hard, being that it doesn't show a work average for you. Maybe she figured that what you did, didn't count?

yfz450xc
06-29-2005, 12:28 PM
even on a hot day like this that was cold; hahahahahaha:D

geogeorge
06-29-2005, 01:57 PM
You must not have worked that hard, being that it doesn't show a work average for you. Maybe she figured that what you did, didn't count?

Doen't show a work ave for anyone TOm but then again why would I expect you to notice. It would take someone with brains to notice that now wouldn't it.