PDA

View Full Version : Rider Racing Position

QuadTrix6
05-26-2002, 05:03 PM
Hey whats up im new to quad racing and i just wanted to know when you Race are you supposed to stand or sit and where on the seat is the best position for racing or jumping. any info would be appreciated

thx
:D

05-26-2002, 06:03 PM
everybody has different riding styles but on the straights i sit down and before comin to a jump i stand up and when im in the air i scoot back on the seat a little bit BUT whatever u do dont hit a jump sitting down unless u want to get shot off ur quad it will take some practice to get used to jumping but just find out the style that u like to ride..later :blah

Tommy 17
05-26-2002, 07:43 PM
when i race the only time i am on the seat is when i am in a turn... i am usualy in the attack position which is elbows bent, knees bent and ur back is at about a 60degree angle from the seat... watch about 90% of the pros are like this postion when they race... it will also help out becuase of the bumps..

400exRacerX
05-26-2002, 09:45 PM
On the straights and the holeshot you want you rear end as far back on the seat as possible. The more wieght of those rear tires the more traction your gonna get. I put all my wieght into turns. All depending on were the bike is going in the air, depends on my body position. Everywhere else stand up and keep you arms and legs semi-relaxed so they can absorb the bumps better.

Norm