PDA

View Full Version : 2006 wolverine 450

bigbadbrad
06-12-2005, 10:25 PM
you see it? it is basicly a kodiak with a solid rear axle and raptor like plastic, and worst of all it is automatic

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelspecs/477/0/specs.aspx

bigvforcer
06-13-2005, 07:11 AM
AND EXTREMELY UGLY. God that thing is horrific looking. It looks like a mini quad with a big motor in it.

Mike Walker
06-13-2005, 08:03 AM
Looks sporty... but no low range...but, it'd be a fun woods racer...

Luecker
06-13-2005, 09:05 PM
Looks like my wifes next quad. We are selling her Vinson right now. She is pregnant and she felt the Vinson was too big but I couldn't find a decent midsize for her. That quad looks perfect size, has auto tranny, liquid cooling, low weight for a 4x4, and it comes in her favorite color - Blue. I don't like the price though. That is about what we paid for the Vinson.

450r51
06-14-2005, 11:11 AM
could possibly be the worst quad ever made, bad styling! and and automatic what was famaha thinking! the craptor does look and is a whole ton better

rancher350rider
06-14-2005, 01:02 PM
get her a rancher that bike is so sos so ugly

CBF2
06-14-2005, 04:58 PM
I was about ready to give up and accept Japan would never make a half way current quad for me and stoop down to a Polaris Scrambler. Each time I looked at the Scrambler my heart sank, such a capable idea spoiled by shoddy design.

Then my eyes spotted the Rincon. The best handling, suspension, and lightest of all the big bore utilities making it sporty for a full utility but a full utility none the less.

Then I read: "Wolverine 450 4x4" and a tear came to my eye, a capable sport-ute with realativly recent design and Yamaha quality.

This machine is perfect for me, the 2wd full sport quads are great, don't get me wrong, but they simply do not work where I ride, the rocks are too big & numerous, the hills too trecherous and then you add on the mud, snow, or dry pine needles on top of that just in case you thought there was traction. On the other side the full utilites are too big & too cumbersome for the spirited pace I like to keep.

True I would of liked to see this machine based on the YFZ instead of the Kodiak but I'll take what I can get. The motor size is perfect. The trails I ride are so tight anything more is just extra weight, anything less and you have to limit which hills you can climb. Here, top speed is a worthless statistic. The auto clutch is welcome also, although I will miss my full manual on the more open sections, there are hill climb and rock sections that will more than make up for it.

Bravo Yamaha! A real 4x4 sport-ute for REAL terrain.

BTW: I do not give a $#it what it looks like, it will get me where I want to go...fast.

mcain2
01-15-2006, 10:07 PM
I absolutely love mine. I'm not crazy about the way it looks, just as many of you feel, but it handles great and turns into a 4x4 when you need it. The only problem that I have found is the floor boards. I have cracked both of them and have only ridden it 6 times. I have gone from a 400ex to the new wolverine, and I'm as happy as I can be. If anyone knows of a solution for the floor boards, please let me know.

Mud Roost
03-19-2006, 08:38 PM
for those of you with the new wolverines, MAIER makes an aftermarket plastic, however there is no picture of them, you should see what they have done with the yamaha warrior plastics !

06wolverine
04-06-2006, 05:08 PM
i love mine. and for all of you who have bad things to say about it , i say go ride one on a trail. i bet it will keep up with just about any ute out their and it will kill all of your sport bikes.

450r51
04-07-2006, 03:37 PM
i highly doubt it will kill our sport bikes.

06wolverine
04-07-2006, 03:51 PM
on a trail? while your hung up on 5 in objects i'll still be going.

450r51
04-07-2006, 04:03 PM
even on a trail man, my quad (450r) will beat it on the track, dunes, woods, trails, u name it.

CBF2
04-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by 06wolverine
and it will kill all of your sport bikes.

Now now, it is a nice quad but taking on 450Rs & YFZs is something you definitley do not want to start. Unless the trail is so bad you absolutley have to have 4x4, the killing will be the other way around.

06wolverine
04-08-2006, 04:05 PM
ok so i went a little overboard, my fault. it's just a little upsetting when you hear people dogging your bike when they have never even road one and possible even have yet to see one in person.

04-20-2006, 05:05 PM
ya it sucks that they are automatic