PDA

View Full Version : 06

keller45
06-12-2005, 10:13 PM

Official new yfz features!!!!

The lightest, most powerful ATV ever, winner of just about every magazine shootout and 2004 GNCC and GNC Championships, is back and even more unstoppable than before.

* In honor of our favorite multi-time GNCC Champion, the Bill Ballance Edition YFZ450 gets a front grab bar, side nerf bars and a special graphics package that includes his signature.
* Most powerful, industry-exclusive, five-titanium-valve engine and 350-pound dry weight give the YFZ450 the best power-to-weight ratio of any ATV ever produced.
* Ultra-compact, lightweight, high-tensile steel frame with fully adjustable suspension.
* YFZ450 is also the best handling race-bred ATV ever produced.
* The YFZ450 comes standard with pushbutton electric starting, a convenient flip-type parking brake and suspension calibrated for performance.
* A longer steering stem, new handlebars, a thicker seat and longer-travel rear suspension make riding hard not all that hard at all.

New for 2006:

* Even more performance: a larger, more powerful, 449cc engine, revised carburetion, head design and ignition timing produce even more of an excellent thing—and an increased-capacity radiator keeps it cool.
* New, titanium heat shield is super light and strong.
* New larger-capacity radiator is optimally mounted in the frame to guard against damage.
* More comfort: a longer steering stem, new handlebars and a thicker seat make the YFZ450 nice to ride for a long time.
* Longer travel out back means an excellent ride and handling.
* Aluminum grab bars are light and strong.
* New, eccentric chain adjuster mechanism simplifies that job, and a new, twin-piston rear brake caliper provides strong, controllable rear braking.
* New tires provide excellent traction, handling and ride quality.
* New LED taillight is bright, tough and draws less current.

Engine:

* Liquid-cooled, 449cc, five-valve, DOHC, four-stroke with titanium valves features 95mm bore and 63.4mm stroke for massive power with high over-rev capacity and crisp, linear throttle response.
* Reliable, pushbutton electric start in any gear adds extra convenience.
* High performance 39mm Keihin FCR flat-slide carburetor with throttle position sensor (TPS) delivers ultra-precise fuel/air mixing and crisp throttle response.
* Additional weight-saving engine features include: magnesium cylinder head cover and right side crankcase cover; small-design cam chain tensioner and oil pump; aluminum oil hose; and light CDI ignition unit.
* Trick, works-style clutch lever features oversize barrel adjuster for easy, no tool adjustability of lever/cable play.
* Dry sump engine carries oil in an aluminum tank directly in front of the engine for excellent cooling and optimal protection from rocks or mud.
* DC ignition system delivers ultra-precise spark and 3D timing for faster, stronger engine response during hard acceleration.
* High-performance stainless steel exhaust header is mated to a USFS-approved spark arrestor.
* Smooth-shifting YZ-spec ratchet-type five-speed transmission and heavy-duty clutch deliver all that power to the rear tires with maximum efficiency.
* Large capacity airbox features no-tool access to the oiled dual foam filter for easy maintenance.
* Ignition coil is integrated into the spark plug cap; extremely light and compact.

Chassis/Suspension:

* Independent aluminum upper A-arm front suspension features fully adjustable competition-spec Kayaba piggyback shocks with 9.1 inches of travel and separate adjusters for preload, rebound and compression damping.
* New rear suspension system is YZ linkage-type, controlled by a fully adjustable Showa shock with 10.6 inches of travel and separate adjusters for preload, rebound and compression damping.
* Ultra-rigid cast aluminum swingarm reduces weight and ensures optimal suspension action.
* Numerous aluminum components—including the swingarm, upper A-arms, oil tank and wheels—help keep overall dry weight down to a paltry 350 pounds.
* Controlled Fill cast aluminum subframe is light and super-strong
* Lightweight front and rear master cylinders, combined with twin 160mm front discs with twin-piston calipers and single 200mm rear disc, deliver incredible stopping power with progressive control and feel.
* New high-performance 21 x 7R-10 front and 20 x 10R-9 rear Dunlop radials, designed specifically for the YFZ450, deliver superb, class-leading traction.
* Long, low and narrow YZ-style seat enhances the quick, balanced steering and optimal rider movement.

Additional Features:

* Rugged 45mm-wide serrated footrests provide excellent grip and rider comfort.
* Large-capacity, 2.6 gallon fuel tank ensures excellent range.
* Dual 30-watt multireflector halogen headlights set back in the front cowl add the perfect menacing appearance. Taillight has an incorporated brake light for added convenience.
* Easy-to-use, toggle link-type handlebar-mounted parking brake can be set with one hand.

Man thats sweet this bike is so much better, makes me want to go out and get one!

hardkoratvmxr
06-13-2005, 08:41 AM
If they would have made a mx yfz like they did the bill balance one i mighta been all over it

Out_Sider
06-13-2005, 10:45 AM
i dont understand why they lowered the compression tho :ermm:

CTmxyfz
06-13-2005, 10:55 AM
i may have to look into this new radiator on these. My bike could use some more cooling.

EvilJester400EX
06-13-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
i dont understand why they lowered the compression tho :ermm:

Because they increased the stroke.

06-13-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by EvilJester400EX
Because they increased the stroke.

exactly

Out_Sider
06-13-2005, 03:02 PM
o.. heh :o

YFZracer#450
06-17-2005, 04:49 PM
I like what all they did to the 06 YFZ's!

Kennethyfz450
06-18-2005, 08:29 PM
after talking to several engine builders i have been told the 03-05 compression ratio was really a 11:4:1.. one person includes tony tice who recently worked for hotcams and before that yamaha.. right now i believe he is working at some brand new dealership selling yamahas and polaris...

if you want to talk to him go to trx450r.org and make sure he got 11:4 because now im thinking it was 11:3:1, but the best thing to do is ask him (ticeman) on that site..

now as for the changes i really like the swinger.

03400EX_Nacs
06-21-2005, 06:00 PM
i dont see why anyone wouldnt like the new 06 i havent seem many products/vehicles change for the worse in newer models

PurePerformance
06-23-2005, 08:43 AM
I am very glad that Yamaha listened to the consumers this year. They changed exactly 80 things on the YFZ.

From rider positioning, ergos, suspension, and engine specs .. they surely made the right changes.

The biggest change (I think) that they did is the dual caliper piston on the rear brake and the honda style carrier swingarm.:cool:

06-24-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by PurePerformance
I am very glad that Yamaha listened to the consumers this year. They changed exactly 80 things on the YFZ.

From rider positioning, ergos, suspension, and engine specs .. they surely made the right changes.

The biggest change (I think) that they did is the dual caliper piston on the rear brake and the honda style carrier swingarm.:cool:

I agree 100%, Im a 04 YFZ owner and even though I love my bike I think the improvements were awesome! They improved a bike that was one of the best out of the box, to no doubt the best out of the box. If you didn't like the changes then state why. Oh Out_Sider quit bieng such a HATER!!!:devil:

Norris3710
06-27-2005, 10:10 PM
so which one do you think is faster the old ones or new ones

EvilJester400EX
06-28-2005, 10:37 AM
I think they'd both be the same. The 06 might edge it out a tad but not enough for me to go out and buy a new bike, the one I have is just fine.:cool:

Robin Hood
06-28-2005, 09:11 PM
I like it, I might pick up a new one. No replacement for displacement!:devil:

WORCSYFZ199
08-02-2005, 08:14 PM
I like the 06 YFZ's I feel they fixed just about everything except the Subframe! but other than that it should be awesome, can't wait till I get one (hopefully)