PDA

View Full Version : cutting out and shooting fire

nowukno
06-12-2005, 04:06 PM
I have a 05 450r and i just bought a jet kit , k&n filter and slip-on hmf pipe with no lid , i had my local honda shop install everything since my quad was already there getting the valves adjusted. My problem is it seems i hit my rev limiter very easy now especially in 3rd and 4th gear , but sometimes it seems its not the rev limiter , its very annoying , also sometimes when i rev it up a small flame will shoot out of my pipe , what do you guys think the problem is?

nowukno
06-12-2005, 06:59 PM
?

mattonln
06-14-2005, 12:02 AM
your shop jetted it wrong and it is rich, take it back and have them put in smaller jets.... also, install you spark arrestor and the flame's will stop... you have to remember that with more power, you WILL be able to hit the rev limiter easier and faster.... thats sort of the point of performance upgrades.... they should rejet your bike for no charge since it wasn't done right in the first place...

Punk'd
06-14-2005, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by mattonln
your shop jetted it wrong and it is rich, take it back and have them put in smaller jets.... also, install you spark arrestor and the flame's will stop... you have to remember that with more power, you WILL be able to hit the rev limiter easier and faster.... thats sort of the point of performance upgrades.... they should rejet your bike for no charge since it wasn't done right in the first place...

nowukno
06-14-2005, 08:51 AM
I took it back and they put in a smaller main jet and it runs fine now , thanks alot!!!