PDA

View Full Version : Rejet or wait?

VT250X
06-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Hi and yes I searched, but I didn't find anything that answers my question.

I have an 87 250x with a stock motor. I recently added a White Bros. E-Series Promeg slip-on and drilled 4 x 1 1/2" holes in my air box and use a Uni air filter. Everything seems to run fine. There really isn't any back firing and the throttle response seems good. Before I drilled the airbox and added the slip-on I think it may have been running a little rich so I think I might have remedied that when I added the silencer and holes. I am waiting for the money to purchase the White Bros. Headpipe to make the full system. Should I wait for the headpipe to rejet or do you think I need to at all?

LM

FoxMxRiders
06-12-2005, 07:13 PM
check your plug

VT250X
06-12-2005, 07:22 PM
My plug is fine I just wanted to now if I should wait until I get the head pipe before I rejet or would I not need to rejet at all.

LM

06-12-2005, 07:39 PM
when do you plan on getting the head pipe. what I did is. I had stock exaust but did a rejet for aftermarket exaust. it ran like **** but I knew my exaust was in the mail. I found that if I turned the choke on just a little bit it made it run fine. and when I got my aftermarket exaust it was one less thing to change b4 I could ride it.

VT250X
06-12-2005, 08:02 PM
I don't know when I will be getting the pipe. I'm not sure where to start. What jet kit or anything. there is so much data on this site that I can never find anything lol. Thanks for the help.

LM

06-12-2005, 08:30 PM
you are better off buying jets, they are cheeper. or if you buy a jet kit it is more money but comes with instructions.

poast a new thread on what jet to run. they will give you a hard time probly becasue it has been said before. but who cares.

try a search, maby somthing like. 400ex rejet , or somthing.

FoxMxRiders
06-12-2005, 08:32 PM
if your plug is fine and your quad run good then your jetting is probably correct

bwamos
06-13-2005, 09:14 AM
Ride your atv at full throttle for 15seconds.
Hit the kill switch and pull in the clutch at the same time.
Keep the throttle at 100% until the engine and the quad stops rolling.

THen check your plug. Check the insulator not the metal part. If the insulator is golden broan your good. If it's white.. you need to go up a couple sizes on your main jet.

VT250X
06-13-2005, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
Ride your atv at full throttle for 15seconds.
Hit the kill switch and pull in the clutch at the same time.
Keep the throttle at 100% until the engine and the quad stops rolling.

THen check your plug. Check the insulator not the metal part. If the insulator is golden broan your good. If it's white.. you need to go up a couple sizes on your main jet.

Hi and thanks for the idea. I read that somewhere, but I wasn't sure it pertained to me. I will give that a try as soon as I can.

Thanks again,

LM

06-14-2005, 04:37 AM
you dont have to be moving.