PDA

View Full Version : carrier bearings

-=Skot=-
05-26-2002, 11:51 AM
here's the story, I went and bought four new razr's and installed them yesterday, as i was going to let my bike down off the jack stands i noticeted my carrier bearings were shot.:mad: needless to say i diden't get to see how the new razr's hook up. how hard is it to change the bearings?

cdalejef
05-26-2002, 11:57 AM
It can be very tuff if you have never done it! The hardest part is getting the old bearings out. Once you do it several times you start to learn little tricks to make it easier.

DEAL
05-26-2002, 08:14 PM
Getting that Axle nut off is a pain in the *** too , When you put it back on use some blue locktight on it or you'll find youself tightening it after every ride.

Rastus
05-26-2002, 09:00 PM
Yeah, those bearings can be a ***** to get out.Changing them after you've got the hang of it isnt to hard.Getting that axle nut is hard to get loosened, and then keep it tight too.Id recommend getting a manual. If you hyave to do anything in the future, it helps alot. It also helps when rebuilding engines, because you have all the torque specs. right on the page.

Also,you had better order all the seals, no rigging it up. It doesnt help to take shortcuts.

fourplay
05-26-2002, 09:04 PM
What are some of the little tricks to getting the bearings out? I have got some that need to be changed. We got the carrier out but not sure if we should be prying on the carrier to get the bearings out or hammer the bearings down through.Any suggestions?

DEAL
05-26-2002, 09:12 PM
Go to the "f.a.q" section , there is a good post in there about changing axle bearings.