PDA

View Full Version : removing choke

400sEXridr
06-12-2005, 10:44 AM
i have read that you can remove the choke for more power and just increase the pilot jet for easier starting. Instead of changing the pilot jet, could i just richen the mixture using the air/fuel screw when i go to start it then reset it to normal? If not, how much of an increase on the pilot jet should i use and how much should my main jet change when i take off the choke?

06-12-2005, 11:38 AM
your gonna have a b!tch of a time adjusting it while its running. its at the bottom of the carb. you should just adjust it when your putting a new pilot jet in.

nosliw
06-12-2005, 01:15 PM
what other mods do you have?

get a 42 pilot jet, and you shouldnt have to mess with anything else. 2-3 turns out on that and no problem

FoxMxRiders
06-12-2005, 07:06 PM
If i remove my choke,can I just remove the plate and leave the lever in place?because I know that if a remove the lever,I will need to put something in the hole then can I just leave the lever here?

06-12-2005, 07:42 PM
with no choke, it is easier to just pop off the air boot and put you hand over part of the carb.

this is the same thing as choke, and way ezer than trying to adjust that little skrew on the bottom of the carb. I have many burns on my hand from trying to adjust that danm skrew.