PDA

View Full Version : is this a good idea

Nick110
06-12-2005, 06:04 AM
je 11.1 piston, webcam with hardened rockers, port and polish, and a 40mm FCR. tell me if this will give me good power and approx. how much it will cost. i have the following mods in my SIG

Bill Fuller
06-12-2005, 08:09 AM
I can't read what you have in your sig(I have sigs turned off)The piston is a good choice,what size bore are you going to do?I would reccommend a 416 bore.As far as the web cam,alot of manufacturers use the web cam as a base.I love the reliability and performance of the TC XC cam.There are no need for hard faced rockers on this cam it is a complete drop in.Many cams don't require hard faced rockers and running them anyway is damaging the cam surface.I can't give you a definate price on the port/polish but I would say around $300 or more.You can save money by using the stock carb and having some work done to it.If you are set on the FCR then it is a good carb with definate power increases.All in all I would say you are going to spend approximatley $1000 including bore/gasket kit.

400exrider707
06-12-2005, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
I can't read what you have in your sig(I have sigs turned off)The piston is a good choice,what size bore are you going to do?I would reccommend a 416 bore.As far as the web cam,alot of manufacturers use the web cam as a base.I love the reliability and performance of the TC XC cam.There are no need for hard faced rockers on this cam it is a complete drop in.Many cams don't require hard faced rockers and running them anyway is damaging the cam surface.I can't give you a definate price on the port/polish but I would say around $300 or more.You can save money by using the stock carb and having some work done to it.If you are set on the FCR then it is a good carb with definate power increases.All in all I would say you are going to spend approximatley $1000 including bore/gasket kit.

Yeah I agree, I dont see the glamour in the webcams. Dont get me wrong they are good cams, but for all of the extra money you have to put in, when you could have just bought a hotcam or something thats a drop in......?? I dont know, I just never understood it. The webcam will require hardfaced rockers and possibly stiffer valve springs. If that is the route you choose to go.

Nick110
06-12-2005, 10:31 AM
i was gonna go with the 426. but not the web cam anynore. outa the stuff that i said before what could i get done for around 500 bucks. or if u have a different suggestion let me hear it.

400exrider707
06-12-2005, 01:11 PM
For $500 I would say just get a hotcam and JE piston. That combo will really help you machine out a lot. Your better off not spending it all before you tear into the motor as you dont know what you'll fine once your in there.;)

Nick110
06-12-2005, 02:46 PM
thanks, i only wanna do a little because i plan on gettin a 450r after this race season

frosti108
06-12-2005, 03:26 PM
im not sure about the 400ex, but depending on what cam you get, you might think about some heavy duty valve springs...

floating a valve is a *****! :ermm:

bwamos
06-13-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by frosti108
im not sure about the 400ex, but depending on what cam you get, you might think about some heavy duty valve springs...

floating a valve is a *****! :ermm:

Yes on the springs. $20 don't even consider not putting them on if you have an agressive cam.

I use the TC MX grind cam as well. Love it.

If you have a lot of ride time on the machine.. you may want to go web / hardened rockers.. though. Will be cheaper because you will ahve to buy new rockers for the drop-in whereas the web they harden your existing ones.